Instax Printer as a Graduation Gift and the Wonder of Prints

pete1959

Here's a plug for the Fujifilm Instax printer, graduation gifts,  and something your kid will find extraordinary:

Prints

I can't say enough about this "stupid" :rolleyes: little almost "toy" printer and how much EVERYONE loves the "tiny" prints

Especially people under 30 who have never held a print.

It's sheer wonderment for many young people.

Keep in mind that it will print from phones/tablets, the printer is independent of Fuji cameras and such....it will print from any Wi-Fi device using the free Fuji app...which also allows image adjustments and filter effects.

Yes the print quality is about a six out of ten...but no one ever complained...lots of people, especially girls, like the "cute factor" in which "tiny and cute" is a plus.

Another important benefit is in a generation or even two they will most probably still have the pictures....which can't be said of digital images...(made worse by compression issues upon sharing/saving).

Consider buying the cheap little albums....it makes it MUCH more likely the images will stay in their family for a long time.

I specifically recommend the Instax printer as a graduation gift because that is a time when young people are just beginning a new stage in life...it's the start of summer...and the printer will get used a lot and immediately...and once again lets young people hold onto physical pictures of friends that they might never see again, at least certainly "not that young"...LOL.

College, high school, I wouldn't even hesitate to give even a child entering junior high from grammar school one.

It's a decent way to show them they are responsible for an "adult" gift....and it's SIGNIFICANTLY more interactive and less "passive" than video games etc.

It will also give a percentage of children the "photography bug"...!

Only drawback is them begging you for an X-Pro 2 or such at Christmas...!

Peter

www.kma438.com

Is the printer dye sub or inkjet? If ink is it dye or pigment? If it's a dye/inkjet the prints might last 10 years, stored properly.

Good point....I'm guessing dye sub....if it's similar to Polaroids I would note that I have dark stored polaroid's thirty years old...and they are still pretty good...and I have scanned those to inkjet....regardless the Instax is still longer lasting that a 72 dpi jpeg on a smart phone.

It uses Instax Mini film packs.

It's a pity Fuji doesn't make a 'serious' camera for Instax film. I would love an Instax wide camera with a decent fast lens, accurate autofocus, and a competent metering/autoexposure system.

They do....the entire X serious are pretty serious cameras....The work around is to capture the image on a real camera and then print it via Instax....