Is there a way to lock sync speed on the X-T2

Hi everyone,

Is there a simple way to prevent the X-T2 from changing the shutter speed with the rear/front dial when shooting at sync speed? It's the second time that this happen to me, I accidentally change the shutter speed with the rear dial during a flash portrait session, resulting in a series of shot with black stripes (faster than sync).

Unless my shutter speed dial is on "T", I don't understand why Fuji implemented this feature with the rear dial, it's really annoying and we should at least be able to disable it. The only thing that I found in the menus, is to invert front wheel and back wheel, so now the back wheel controls the aperture, and the front the SS. It's still too dangerous for me :P

Thanks!

This is a new behavior only with the X-T2 :(

I think on the X-T1 you do the shutter speed micro-adjustment with the D-Pad buttons on the rear. At least that's how it works on the X-Pro1. The whole old-school dials thing is actually very clumsy when you really get down to using it in real life. Especially if you have the camera on a strap or put it into a bag and pull it out again. Working with a Fuji just requires checking your settings very frequently.

Like I mentioned, this behavior is very specific to the X-T2. In case others encounter this issue, I found a way to lock the shutter speed with Firmware update 1.10:

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/firmware/x/xt2/

From Fuji website:

2.Lock function during shooting mode is added. The update will let users prevent from the unexpected dial/button operation.

[How to set] 
First, select the function you wish to lock in BUTTON/DIAL SETTING>LOCK>FUNCTION SELECTION" in the Setup Menu. 
And then, select the function in BUTTON/DIAL SETTING>LOCK>LOCK SETTING>SELECTED FUNCTION" in the Setup Menu. 

*Select "ALL FUNCTION" to lock all the buttons and dials. This lock function can be allocated to a function button.