I have had an xe1, xe2, xt1, x100s all with a very good on/off switch with a nice fairly stiff click required to turn the camera on.

My Fuji x100T has a switch that can be turned on or off with the slightest pressure. Why is this so annoying? Half the time when I put the camera in a bag or even inside my jacket it gets switched on.

I set the auto off to shut the camera off after 2 minutes but this does not help all the time. If the camera is in a bag with a bit of pressure on the soft release shutter, the battery gets run down.

It's causing me to hate this camera because I can't rely on it.

NEVER HAD THIS ISSUE WITH ANY OTHER FUJI X

So, Fuji Canada said to send it back and they would fix it under warranty. I sent it back and they sent me a repair estimate for $260 because I did not have my original receipt (even though I registered it online when I bought it)

I asked them if they could make an exception for a loyal Fuji user siince I was moving and have everything packed including all my files and boxes that might have my receipt. FUJI WAS NOT AT ALL HELPFUL.

I got them to send it back, unfixed, and I really have negative feelings about this camera and Fuji now.

My first problem in all these years will all my Fuji cameras and lenses and this is the support?

Anybody else have this issue with the x100T switch and/or Fuji Canada service?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I always turn off my X100f after I take a shot to improve battery life and I find the switch a little stuff, does anyone know a way to make the switch bigger so it would  be easier to use?

You could try moulding some Sugru round the switch; it's pretty robust so might withstand the use. The trouble is, it would make the switch stick out/up more, so it would be easier to turn the camera on inadvertently.  I find the main problem with the X100 series is the shallow handgrip - so easy to flip the switch without noticing.