Is my new X-Pro2 defective?

I picked up a new X-Pro2 yesterday and I think I have a problem with it. When I turn it on, it occasionally requires me to go through the initial setup menu where I have to select the language and set the time/date. It's happened 4 times already.

Think it's a lemon? 

BTW, I upgraded the firmware from 1.00 to 2.0.1 and it did it afterwards as well. 

Thanks!

Sounds suspect to me. I would take it take back or send it back. Hopefully you got it at a place that will exchange or return. That's never happened to me, I've owned 3 x-series bodies.

Are all the settings you make going back to default? Not that it makes a difference, just curious

Sounds suspect to me. I would take it take back or send it back. Hopefully you got it at a place that will exchange or return. That's never happened to me, I've owned 3 x-series bodies.

Are all the settings you make going back to default? Not that it makes a difference, just curious

Thanks, r_kt for the response!

It dumped it's settings a bunch of time, but was just the C1-7 profiles and such. Looks like it was a known issue fixed in firmware. I upgraded to 2.0.2 and it dumped EVERYTHING again, but hasn't done it since then, so I think (hope) it's all fixed now.

Fingers crossed.

Sounds like the internal battery has issues.

Some cameras have a button cell to keep your settings in memory but X-Pro2 uses a non replaceable internal battery.

They should just stick to button cells. I had an old Nikon p&s which needed a motherboard replacement just because of a defective internal battery.

It get's charged by your camera battery. Try leaving your battery in your camera longer. Otherwise, sending it back may be your only option.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue and it was driving me crazy. Fuji replaced the capacitor and that solved the problem. I still have an issue when I leave the camera turned on and attached to the computer for transfer into Lightroom. If I don't disconnect quickly after the last image is transferred, the camera will lock up. Then the only way to shut it off is to drop the battery out. All in all, I love the camera. It is what it is.

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same issue and it was driving me crazy. Fuji replaced the capacitor and that solved the problem. I still have an issue when I leave the camera turned on and attached to the computer for transfer into Lightroom. If I don't disconnect quickly after the last image is transferred, the camera will lock up. Then the only way to shut it off is to drop the battery out. All in all, I love the camera. It is what it is.

I highly suggest a card reader, just in general

Just to circle back on this. It was defective and had to be returned. Man, that was annoying. I changed the battery and it dumped its settings just before a shoot which caused me to shoot JPG's instead of RAW. Had to reshoot.

Grumble...

If yours are still doing it, send it in for repair.