Can I set EVF only option but with LCD active for playback and settings?

pics2

Hi,

I thought this was problem with XE2 only, 

http://www.fuji-x-forum.com/topic/3166-evf-only-with-lcd-playback-xe2/

But now that I have XT2 to try before buy, I can't figure out how to make it work on this camera.

Basically, I want LCD active only for shooting (to avoid Eye sensor's minor lag) and instant LCD picture review and LCD live for changing settings, like Q, etc(sort of DSLR experience), but as long as I opt for EVF only, LCD is completely turned off. Is it possible to set it the way I described? Thanks!

If you set view mode to EVF only, viewfinder only will be used for taking photos, and review can be done in viewfinder or on the main screen, using proximity sensor to switch, as in the eye sensor mode.

However, this only works for review, as menu and Q menu are only shown in viewfinder in this mode.

Edited by vladand

In "EVF Only" the image will playback on the LCD when you press the "play" button, however menu settings appear only in the EVF display.

I too would like to have it so when in the "EVF only mode" when I  hit "Menu" or "Q" the display would switch to the LCD and not the EVF, so as not to have to toggle thru the viewfinder settings.

I see no reason why I want to keep my eye to the viewfinder when I need to alter the settings.

• 2 months later...