How does this Fuji sale-thing work?

runswithsizzers

I plan to buy my first Fuji camera soon.

Is it true that Fuji periodically puts cameras and lenses on sale? (And isn't it just about time for one now?)

Does the sale usually affect a lot of different models or only a few? (I am particularly interested in the X-T10 with the 18-55 f2.8-4, but I have not completely ruled out the X-E2S or the X-T20.)

Will all Fuji retailers have the sale prices, or only some dealers? (I usually buy from B&H, or sometimes Amazon.)

How long are the sale prices usually in effect?

Is it common for sale items to sell out, and become unavailable during the sale?

Thank you.

the sale is not necessarily carried by all retailers in the whole world at the same time.

Shops make their own prices and sales, so you can find it in some shop and not in another.

In the NL shops tend to all have the exact same price but when it comes to sales it is very well possible that you find it in a shop and not in another, not only within the same shop you can have a certain amount of items on sale ( with a Fuji sale price) and the same items not on sale.

Few days ago the shop where I go was telling me about a X-Pro-2 with halfcase and 35 f2 which only costed €200 more than the camera on its own.

Fujifilm, quite regularly have regional sales (a few times a year) which involve cashback.

Recently there was a cash back offer on lots of lenses (not quite all) and double cashback if you purchased a qualifying body at the same time.

In the UK this included all bodies apart from the X-A range, and the X-T2.

You had to purchase from on authorised retailer (which included amazon in the uk)

B&H has always participated in the sales in the US. Amazon does as well, but they don't seem to offer the package discounts where if you buy two select items together for a bigger discount like the XF50-140mm + 1.4x teleconverter. The X-T20 is not likely to part of the next sale as it is just beginning to ship. Same with the 50mm f/2. I've been eagerly waiting for the next one myself. I think they usually have one in the spring.

Milandro, I noticed usually prices over there are higher than in the rest of Europe. Both, for new and used stuff.

Nick, check companies like eGlobalCentral (if it's allowed to post names): I haven't bought anything until now but a couple friends bought stuff significantly cheaper than in any other place, Amazon included.

Thanks to all for your informative replies.

I should have said, I am in the USA. From what I've seen, Fuji prices in the US seem to be exactly the same among the official online retailers.

The only brick and mortar photo shop for miles around here sells mostly Canon and Nikon, so I'll be buying online. Most likely, I will buy from B&H, unless there is a very good reason to buy from some other US source.

I suspect Nick05 is right about the new X-T20 being unlikely to go on sale so soon after it's release.

Right now, most US-based online sources offer the X-T10 with the 18-55mm f2.8-4 lens for $1099. The X-T20 with the same lens is starting to show up as available for pre-order at $1199. For only $100 more than the X-T10, I would be inclined to get the newer X-T20 - but if the current model is discounted enough, I'd go for that, instead. Honestly, I don't need (or want) the extra pixels - and the larger files - of the X-T20, tho some of the other improvements of the X-T20 are enticing.

It's nice to have a choice, but I'm afraid of loosing that choice if all the remaining stock of X-T10s get sold while I am waiting for them to go on sale.

the remaining XT-1 and X-T10 in the shops over here are simply not selling.

The very few whom are stil buying them they have plenty to chose from on the secondhand market since lots of people are being enticed by the new cameras.

The X-PRO 2 is already on sale because many are switching from that old flavor of the month to the newest ones.

The shop predicts that the first two batches of X-T20 will be completely absorbed by the pre-orders.

The ridiculous thing is the X-pro 2 is being sold at a price ( with a 35mm) that is only marginally higher than a new body alone.

If they follow their past sale prices, the X-T10 was $100 off so I would expect that be the case with the X-T20 (though it will likely not be part of the first sale, but you never know because they did promote the X-T2 with grip already). The X-T10 would likely drop by $200 similar to the X-E2 making it about $200-$300 cheaper than the X-T20. They do sell out of some items, but unless they are discontinued and completely out, you can still order them.

in the NL prices are often identical whether you buy from a small shop or a big chain, I have complained often about the lack of competition of fuji products.

As said other times one shop admitted they have “ agreements” to that effect.

I see. It's like in italy. There are more cartels than in Medellin for the narcos.

There's also another aspect, Run. Price get higher so quick than usually you can almost sell the camera you bought for the price as new, or so.

There also are people who bought a camera and lens kit, then they sell the lens for the price they paid it because the lens alone costs much more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was told by a Customer Service rep that Fuji would likely have a sale during April (now past) or May (nearly half-way gone). Still waiting. Hoping to buy an X-Pro2 with a couple of lenses. Hope it comes true. Meanwhile I bought a used X70 and am liking it a lot.

I didn’t  say they would refuse to sell abroad but you won’t get the cash back. The cash back SALES ( as in selling something for a temporary period at a reduced price) were always offered only to British residents. People residing outside of the UK don’t qualify.

Follow this link please, there you’ll find the terms and conditions of the cashback sale

https://fuji-promotions.com/gb/en/pages/cb-1016/terms

TERMS & CONDITIONS

PURCHASES MADE BETWEEN 13TH OCTOBER 2016 AND 31ST JANUARY 2017

Purchases must be made from qualifying retailers as shown on the Qualifying Retailers page. The promotion is open to residents of the UK only. Any claims for products from outside the UK will be deemed invalid. Only genuine qualifying Fujifilm products detailed on the Qualifying Products page are valid for this promotion.

Edited by milandro

yes, the dots are now firmly on the i’s where they belong.

The British residents of Gibraltar , the Falklands , the channel islands and all the other places that aren’t formally in the UK ( but where the citizens have a British Passport) might not be eligible too. The exact definition of British Citizen or UK resident might indeed have different interpretations in this context.

For the purpose of this discussion though, the SALES of the Fuji UK are limited to the people living in the United Kingdom.

All the rest of the world is not eligible. I hope that is now clear.

Edited by milandro