X100F Digital Teleconverter in Manual Focus (Annoyance)

Right now, there's no way to set the digital teleconverter when you're in MF mode, without diving deep into the menus. In AF mode you can set it to the control ring, but of course that's not available in MF mode, and currently you can't set it to a function button for quick access. I actually really like the digital teleconverter, and since I usually shot in Medium size mode, I don't get as much image degradation since it crops and then doesn't need to upscale as much, if at all. I'm in MF with back-button focus most of the time, since focusing is quicker and in AF/Av mode the aperture release is super annoyingly slow and flickers the LCD/EVF screen.

So, this post is mostly to get this on Fuji's radar, unless someone actually has found a way to do this. I gather they monitor this at least to some extent, and I'm sure this is an easy firmware addition if they choose.

You can set it as an item in your "My Menu" ... but that's only marginally better. I'd also like a way to assign it to a different Fn button. I didn't even expect to enjoy the digital teleconverter this much...

Which button did you assign as your back button focus? I ended up settling on the left selector, but I also considered the rear command dial (pressing it) and the metering button (Fn1).The AEL/AFL button seems too far but I might try that out as well.

I agree, I didn't expect to enjoy it nearly this much either. I think one thing that really helps is that I've found myself shooting sometimes in medium jpeg, and if you use the digital teleconverter in the smaller filesizes you don't get the upscaling as much (I'm assuming it does the crop first, then the resizing).

For back-button, I actually have it set in two places. I use the AEL/AFL button as well as the button that's on the EVF/OVF lever. That way wherever my hand is positioned, I have access to it a lot.

That said, I've found myself using AF mode on the X100F a *lot* more than I ever could on my original X100.

I set my BBF to the Rear Command Dial.  Just feels more natural there than the AEL/AFL or EVF/OVF buttons for me.

Very annoying to have to switch from M to S, from burst mode to STILL FRAME, and Fine+RAW to Fine for teleconverter use.

Also not impressed with not being able to back button focus in any mode other than Manual Focus.

This being my first Fuji camera, I was pretty confused for a couple of hours trying to figure out how to configure the X100F.

Canon has a leg up with the BBF, Fuji!

That said, this is still a very nice camera and I plan to keep it. :P