XT2 in stock?

EvolutionX

I ordered the XT2 with grip and kit lens last month from B&H. I know it is back ordered but wondering if anybody out there has any "inside info" as to when Fuji will start shipping them again? 

When I ordered it is said 7-14 days. I talked to them at about the 21 day mark and they said probably about the the middle of Feb. Then I asked again a few days ago and this time they said they don't know. I was aware of the backorder when I ordered it so I am not upset or anything, just more out of curiosity because waiting sucks!

Thank you

I'm still waiting on my order - X-T2 Body, 18-55, Battery Grip - that I ordered on January 25. I chatted online with B&H yesterday, and they think mine will ship early next week as they're expecting the next shipment of X-T2s on Monday the 27th.

I was also searching online over the weekend and found someone who just had just received their X-T2 from B&H at the end of the week. They had ordered from B&H on January 6. 

I'm still waiting on my order - X-T2 Body, 18-55, Battery Grip - that I ordered on January 25. I chatted online with B&H yesterday, and they think mine will ship early next week as they're expecting the next shipment of X-T2s on Monday the 27th.

I was also searching online over the weekend and found someone who just had just received their X-T2 from B&H at the end of the week. They had ordered from B&H on January 6. 

Oh Cool, I just checked, I actually ordered mine on the 26th of January so maybe I will get mine at the same time. I also ordered the 35mm f2 with it. Seemed like a good deal getting it all together. 

Thanks for the info

I got an email yesterday that Amazon has them in stock. Figured if they are getting them B&H might. Chatted B&H online and they said they will have them today and ship them tomorrow. Hopefully that actually happens. If they get them out by Tuesdays I can usually get them by Friday in CA. 

Yea I just contacted them again. They said they didn't receive them. 

As far as Amazon, I don't think they offer the kit with the vertical grip. They also got down on their knees for CA and started adding taxes on everything.

It could be that B&H is actually receiving them but not enough to fill the orders they have.

Actually Amazon doesn't have them. I just checked. 

Edited by EvolutionX

I must be missing something.  I've had my X-T2 since October 2016.  Amazon has them in stock.  What's the big deal?

And I got mine on the day it came out by walking into the camera store when they opened and asked that when the pre-orders are handed out today, would there be any extra that I can get one.  There was only one extra and I snagged that.  I was lucky.

I've been very surprised at how long these cameras have been back ordered.  They seem to show up in stores for all but a day, then sold out again.  The quantity being shipped to stores has to be very low.  

I can only guess it is because of that earthquake last year and the announcement that that the sensor manufacturing plants were months behind schedule due to the earthquake.

I think I was lucky - put in my order mid-January and got the camera February 8th. I know of another person who has had to wait way longer to get his.

It looks like the disconnect between supply and demand is loosening up now though, so hopefully folks in both Canada and the US will be able to get their hands on one soon.

Chatted with B&H again yesterday. They now have no date as to when the next shipment is coming in and the website has switched from 7-14 business days (already way past that) to just "backordered."

I've been holding on because I got the X-T2, 18-55, Grip deal for $1999.

My local camera store is out of stock, but should be getting some in this coming week. I don't want to miss out on the super-cheap grip, though I did save a bunch on lenses because of an educator rebate I'm eligible for through B&H. However, I've been told by the Mrs. that that just because I saved money on one thing, doesn't mean I get to spend it on another.

I also have a project I can't reschedule on March 15th, so I'm going to have to do something by next Monday.

Chatted with B&H again yesterday. They now have no date as to when the next shipment is coming in and the website has switched from 7-14 business days (already way past that) to just "backordered."

My local camera store is out of stock, but should be getting some in this coming week. I don't want to miss out on the super-cheap grip, though I did save a bunch on lenses because of an educator rebate I'm eligible for through B&H. However, I've been told by the Mrs. that that just because I saved money on one thing, doesn't mean I get to spend it on another.

I also have a project I can't reschedule on March 15th, so I'm going to have to do something by next Monday.

If you are in a tight jam, you may be able to rent the gear you need to get through that March 15th commitment.  Personally I have never rented gear, but have heard good things from those that have used that service from time-to-time.

I have rented lenses in the past and have always been satisfied, Personally I am just going to hang in there. It's a good deal with the grip and lens. I am planing on moving to Vietnam at the end of the year so as long as I get it by then I am good. Hopefully a lot sooner though.

I'm trying to decide between renting an X-T2 and buying an X-T20 (that I would maybe buy anyway in the future). I won't need 4k for the project, but will probably film in 4k and downsize to 2k in post.

I looked at renting, and for how long I would want the camera it would be about $150 or so for an X-T2, charger. 

The X-T20 would be a great backup for travel and a good b-roll camera (I'm going to be making lots of training videos for work over the next few years). I'm also getting paid more than enough for this particular training to cover the cost of X-T20... (Now I think I'm trying to convince myself... but I'm going to try to hold out until at least Wednesday before making a decision.)

Well, I my new X-T20 came in today, but it's too small to be my main camera for very long. It will be a great camera for astro photos (once the clouds clear out), a great camera for the wife to use on vacation, and an excellent portable/back-up body.

Haven't tried the video yet, but should get to tomorrow.

I need to see if I can find a grip for this thing. On the plus side, this is a LOT of camera in a tiny package.

Adam, I'm not sure if this helps you but I called BH today and spoke with them about ordering a XT2 and was told that the next batch of XT2's was due in 3/20 and there were already over 100 backorders in the queue to ship before my (new) order would ship.  They were not able to tell me how many would be arriving in that batch.

• 2 weeks later...

My order shipped today. Looks like they have everything showing in stock.

My order has a shipping label, and should be at my office tomorrow... I don't work Fridays, so it looks like I'm making an extra trip into the city this week, then going for a walk to test out the T2!

My order shipped today. Looks like they have everything showing in stock.

My order has a shipping label, and should be at my office tomorrow... I don't work Fridays, so it looks like I'm making an extra trip into the city this week, then going for a walk to test out the T2!

It's good to hear your orders are shipping. Hopefully mine will soon as well.

Hello, I'm new to this great forum and have been reading it for months.

I ordered my XT2 special offer with lens and battery grip for $1999 on February 10th from B&H Photo. It was on 7-14 shipping at the time I placed my order.

I'm still waiting to receive my order and/or shipping notification.

I've been given multiple dates as to when camera would ship, the latest was that a Feb. 23rd shipment would arrive.

I wish others who have commented, would say when and where they ordered their XT2.

What's going on Fujifilm?