2018 APS-C X-Mount Lens Roadmap released

Patrick FR

i'd love the 200 F/2 or F/2.8, especially if it works with tele convertors

it will be big and heavy a 200mm lens at F/2 the diameter of the aperture is 100mm

(The f-number is the focal length divided by the diameter of the aperture)

A 200mm F/2.8 the diameter of the aperture of 72mm

Edited by Tikcus

Nothing that appeals to me really, except the 80mm macro that's been on the roadmap already for some time.

I hope that in manual focus mode it will use a direct mechanical rather than a focus by wire mechanism.  Reason - because focus stacking is very common when shooting at macro distances and I can say from experience with the XF 60mm that making many small progressive focus increments can get a little vague at times.  I particularly miss a hard stop at minimum distance.

• 8 months later...

I am extremely unexcited about everything Fuji this year.

I've decided against the X-E3, and there is absolutely nothing enticing me to upgrade my X-E1. Especially since I upgraded its SD to a V30 and its only real "problem" is now gone, buffer write speed.

There is nothing proposed as an upgrade to my 35mm f1.4 which dates from 2012 and could need a new motor and/or weather sealing (but not the optics of the F2)

There is nothing proposed as an upgrade to my 18mm F2 which could need better optics and/or weather sealing while remaining compact. 

There is still no incentive to grab a Fuji 16mm as all options (prime or zoom) are way too huge and heavy.

The 60mm is a middle-age lens and the 80mm is a non-portable option, I don't like carying anvils around.

So yeah, stuck with 2012 gear because Fuji decided to put all their efforts into GFX, cine-lenses, and touchscreens instead of updating what started as a great line but stopped evolving.

Otoh, not a dollar spent since years so thank you Fuji? :)