27 replies to this topic

#21 Sluw

Sluw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:19 AM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Although I agree Fuji can't be all things to all people, it's really hurting itself for those that do nature photography. I'm holding off on all other purchases of Fuji gear as a result. And it's very clear that if they didn't put so many resources into the GFX system, it would have been here long ago.

They've always released lenses at this pace, some call it fast, some call it slow. They've also been releasing the lighter WR lenses... 23, 35 and 50 f/2.0. The missing lenses in their line-up are niche lenses so they might not be the focus but all rumours AND fuji's own lens roadmap show it'll release this year. 

pic_02.jpg

#22 drsnake

drsnake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:53 PM

Don't wait anymore : I use the Venus macro 60 mm 2.8 for 2 years now and it a great lens: https://www.flickr.c...eposted-public/

Up 2:1 macro !! http://www.venuslens.../laowa-60mm-f2/

31164649006_dbc6cf2c65.jpgpapillon-stack.jpg by David, on Flickr

• Beau Nash likes this

#23 Alex Cremers

Alex Cremers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:47 PM

That papillon is just great! 

#24 Mike-Photos

Mike-Photos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:13 PM

An 80mm (120 equiv) stabilised 1:1 macro lens would be just amazing! Especially if the teleconverters work with it. You can stay far back and not disturb butterflies etc.

I'm tired of using extension tubes, because once they are on the lens they are on. If you want to take a non-closeup shot, you just can't do it.

Hopefully we'll get this lens this year, as promised.

#25 enkindler

enkindler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:46 PM

An 80mm (120 equiv) stabilised 1:1 macro lens would be just amazing! Especially if the teleconverters work with it. You can stay far back and not disturb butterflies etc.

I'm tired of using extension tubes, because once they are on the lens they are on. If you want to take a non-closeup shot, you just can't do it.

Hopefully we'll get this lens this year, as promised.

In my experience, if you are much more than .25 in repo ratio VR doesn't really work well and you have more misses than hits due to the thin DOF.  If you do go longer it gives you a lot more working room, and because the reproduction ratio is the same the only real change is more working room and light.  I have the Nikon 200mm f/4 Macro and medical nikkor 120mm f/4.0 Macro with built in ring flash and they work perfectly with the X-Pro2 and provide a lot of working room.

While not stabilized I don't know if I could ever be talked into selling this setup, which is also one of the best product photography lenses I have ever owned.

I need to rebuild my real portfolio site but with the x-series focus highlighting I just set it to the view I want and adjust the distance for focus and it works great.

5856267930_f7d5920808_b.jpg

• Sluw likes this

#26 citral

citral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 07:01 PM

I'm holding off on all other purchases of Fuji gear as a result. And it's very clear that if they didn't put so many resources into the GFX system, it would have been here long ago.

Poor Fuji they better hurry then to get you pleased, you seem to be a very important person and they are for sure missing your important dollarz !!!

Pretty sure Fuji is reading us so I'll add my 2 cents : Fuji give us X-E3 within a month, or else I hold off my money and won't buy lenses !!!

I hope that was clear, Fuji.

#27 mdm

mdm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 07:28 PM

I hope that was clear, Fuji.

Oh yes Fuji and know what... after all this obscure delays if you release X-E3 like X-T20 just in RF body without any breakthrough I won't buy it for sure.

#28 Savviest

Savviest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:49 AM

I was waiting for a longer macro until I discovered that one can obtain vastly superior vintage Zeiss 1:1 macro lenses for half the cost of today's lenses.   No autofocus, but I have always focused manually when doing macro work anyway.

• Curiojo likes this

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close