ON1 Released 2017.0.2 today- Nice X-Trans Improvements

Hi All

ON1 released 2017.0.2 today for immediate download. It includes much improved raw conversions and support for lossless-compressed. Below is a blurb they sent me with some info about future releases and what they will include. In the meantime enjoy the new release.

Blurb from ON1:

ON1 Isn’t Done Yet
ON1 has adopted a new development process with ON1 Photo 2017. This will allow for continuous updates and new features approximately every 4-6 weeks. Several free updates to ON1 Photo are scheduled for the first half of 2017. These include: automatic lens correction, workspaces, compare mode, photo settings, versions, groups (stacks), camera profiles (film looks), updates for new cameras, and much more. Feedback from the ON1 community has been critical in helping prioritize product features. The Photo RAW Project is the best way for users to submit their ideas and feature requests for Photo RAW. Each submission is reviewed by ON1 and then voted on by the community. The more votes an idea gets, the higher likelihood it will get added into the app.”

I have a comparison on my blog of this new release of ON1 Photo Raw along with other raw processors. There's also a topic/thread over on X-Pro2 of this forum. I'm working on some more comparisons too.

Cheers,

Joel

Still - a bit behind Irident - in terms of details. 

Also - it's very slow on my 2013 macbook pro - with 8gb ram :(

and no Fuji colour profiles - as far as I know.

other than that - quite nice. Still not sure weather use it on regular basis, because of above.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Still - a bit behind Irident - in terms of details. 

Also - it's very slow on my 2013 macbook pro - with 8gb ram :(

and no Fuji colour profiles - as far as I know.

other than that - quite nice. Still not sure weather use it on regular basis, because of above.

Hi Torturro,

Thanks for reading my post. Not sure why it is slow on your MacBook. I have a 2014 MacBook with 8GB RAM and it's quite speedy. I don't think there's a significant difference between the 2 model years. Can't explain that one.

ON1 says the fuji film profiles are coming this year though not sure when. I agree that detail is slightly better in Iridient. I just find the workflow to be the advantage in Photo Raw. But as we know, ask 2 photographers and get 3 opinions  ;) What ever works best for you and your workflow is the best one to use.

Cheers,

Joel

Edited by AZWolf