• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 CDBC

CDBC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 02:41 AM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Exposure Compensation Dial position alert.

When they designed the X-T2, Fuji wisely added 'lock' buttons to both the ISO and Shutter Speed dials, so that these couldn't be moved inadvertently.

So why the hell didn't they do the same with the Exposure Compensation Dial? It needs this more than the others, being positioned at the extreme right end of the top of the camera, where it's easiest to be moved by mistake; I've done it just taking the camera out of my backpack - and more than once, I might add.

Plus which, the X-10 I owned previously had the exact same issue. I sometimes wonder if the nerds who design these things ever actually use them in the real world, quite honestly.

Obviously, they can't retroactively add a physical feature such as a lock button at this point (though it should be done to the next generation). But they could surely include a firmware update that would make that exposure compensation information on the left side of the viewfinder blink repeatedly, or turn orange, or something, if the dial has been moved away from the 0 position.

#42 crzcar

crzcar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:47 AM

I would like to have the AF point auto rotate as you rotate the camera between landscape and portrait.
Also able to add "Switch Slot Sequential" in my menu or in Q menu.
Make Q button as a customizable Fn button so that can be as AF-On.

Edited by crzcar, 05 March 2017 - 04:01 PM.

• RadBadTad and kimcarsons like this

#43 smokey

smokey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 07:58 AM

Would like to have:
Microphone shortcut during video recording is active
Different crop orientation and ratio during in camera raw processing
  • kimcarsons likes this

#44 kimcarsons

kimcarsons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 08:12 AM

Would like to have:
Microphone shortcut during video recording is active
Different crop orientation and ratio during in camera raw processing

You can crop, but you have to develop the RAW to a JPEG and then crop the JPEG (menu button, not Q button). Still, I agree.

#45 kimcarsons

kimcarsons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:48 AM

Oh, I don't think it has been mentioned yet. Please Fuji, please fix the sd card related EVF switching delay and the read/write errors with various brands of cards. I have spent ~$150 on SD cards for the X-T2 trying to find something that works! 

#46 Festus

Festus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:08 PM

I just don't understand! If one is actually truly interested in video, buy a dedicated video camera! Let manufacturers build the best still camera they can. It's like buying a car and expecting it to seat 12, buy the bus.

#47 RadBadTad

RadBadTad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:15 PM

Camera rotation specific focus points that remember your last point in that orientation

Raw highlight warning blinkies in live view (would settle for playback)

Customizable Q button (I don't use the quick menu, and it's a perfect spot for AF-On)

Something that speeds up lightroom performance with RAF files (I realize this is an Adobe issue, not a firmware issue, but hey, it's a wish list)

Faster AF (Even on the X-T2, the AF never really feels "snappy" like it used to on my Canon. The Canon missed more often, but it was always so confident about it. The X-T2 is more accurate, but much more plodding that makes me feel less confident in it)

Fix random under-exposure issues when there are white things in the scene. I've found that if I have something white in my shot (like a white shirt on a model) I'll sometimes get as much as 2 stops under-exposed when using a priority mode. I think it's trying to preserve highlights? 

#48 pete1959

pete1959

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, Ca. USA

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:50 PM

*RAW histogram

*Rear Command Wheel-Customize-Push to Initiate AF (Back button AF too small a button)

*ISO-Shutter Speed Lens Dependent

*Blinkies Full Frame in Review (Or live view if possible)

*Highlight overexposure prevention option.

*All buttons more customizable

*More items in "Q" menu

#49 wildcart

wildcart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:42 AM

• I would like to see all the GFX aspect ratios on the X-T2: 4:3, 5:4, 7:6, 1:1, 3:2, 16:9, 65:24
  • Also would like to have more control of the JPG compression
  • Turn off noise reduction completely 
  • If possible make AF tracking even faster
  • Customize EVF view mode button so I don't have to go trough all the options
  • New Film simulations

#50 Jwctp

Jwctp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:17 PM

If I lock the shutter speed dial or the ISO dial, I shouldn't be able to change it using the wheels.

instagram: @jwctp

#51 bravocharlie

bravocharlie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:10 PM

I would also love a 5x4 crop with the next firmware update. At present I use the 6 x 4 grid overlay in the viewfinder. This makes it easy to compose in a 5 x 4 ratio. In the menu go to set up, screen set up, framing guidelines. Not as good as the 5 x 4 crop I had in my Nikon but manageable.

#52 pete1959

pete1959

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:11 PM

1)

When converting an image from RAF to JPEG in camera:

Place the converted jpeg in the sequence/order shot, not last in line.

That makes it possible to directly compare the unconverted (pre-conversion) jpeg to the in camera converted jpeg.

2)

When shooting in "EVF Only" the playback of image should be on the LCD, not playback on the EVF (who reviews images in the EVF, regardless of shooting mode?!)

#53 Gaz55

Gaz55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationWILTSHIRE UK

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:39 PM

I agree why not just get video camera?

#54 pete1959

pete1959

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:00 PM

1)

When converting an image from RAF to JPEG in camera:

Place the converted jpeg in the sequence/order shot, not last in line.

That makes it possible to directly compare the unconverted (pre-conversion) jpeg to the in camera converted jpeg.

2)

When shooting in "EVF Only" the playback of image should be on the LCD, not playback on the EVF (who reviews images in the EVF, regardless of shooting mode?!)

Opps...Re: When shooting in "EVF Only" the playback of image should be on the LCD, not playback on the EVF (who reviews images in the EVF, regardless of shooting mode?!)...that should have referenced the pressing of "Menu"....which should bring up "Menu" on the LCD....image playback from EVF only does in fact play on the LCD.

2)

2)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 4k, video, x-t2, firmware, update, kaizen, wishlist