Tilt and shift Lens

tractorboyx

first of all the serious problem in adapting any tilt shift lens to the fuji system is the size of the APS-C sensor, being this smaller than a full frame one it makes a smaller use of the igage circle projected by the lens effectively reducing the angle of view of the lens.

We all know that, Ideally, you would want to use a wideagle to do this, but there isn’t much of a wideagle in a 24mm when used on an APS-C sensor.

Samyang makes a 24 mm which works as very mild wideangle on the APS-C.

Tilt shift adapters are available to be used on other brand lenses but again, you won’t have much of an angle and not even much tilt or shift.

It is much better ( although you lose some of the image which needs to be cropped) to use the perspective control offered by most software such as Photoshop or similar.

I just tried to order a FotodioX shift adapter that uses manual focus Minolta lenses on an X-T1. They were out of stock, so I just ordered a stright adapter. There are two factors that are important. The image from the lens has to be much wider than an APS-C sensor because we're using it off-centre. And there's the multiplier effect. So a 24mm Minolta MD Rokkor lens will work as a 36mm equivalent, but it will work well. I'll be using an 85mm and a 135mm in the adapter, which will give me a 128 and 202. As I rarely shoot long and do it from a tripod this works for me. YMMV.

Guest mikEm13

I know Fuji don't make a tilt and shift lens.

But is there any other make that is compatible, or a reliable adaptor,

that can be used with an X-T1.

If there is nothing, come on Fuji, there's a gap to fill. :D

Go here and ask it might be of help.  Samyang tilt and shift

• 3 weeks later...

I have the Samyang 24mm T/S lens in Nikon mount that I had used with an F to FX adapter on the XT2.  Sample image below using about 10mm each rise/fall with 1.5 degrees tilt at f/11 for two shots stitched in LR/ Photomerge.  I also have a Cambo Actus that can be used with the XT2 and various MF and LF lenses.

33073653782_c0a90c4c69_b.jpg

I've been having fun with an old Nikon 35mm f/2.8 PC coupled with a Lensturbo II. Not quite wide enough, so I have a Samyang 24mm on its way. Can't wait to try that out. Even if I have to use it without the Lensturbo (the combination may be a bit unwieldy), the FOV will be a little wider than the Nikon and LT2 combo.