• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sam_Z

Sam_Z

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:29 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Hi! I just purchased an X-E2, and I have a little bit of previous experience with Fujifilm. I am trying to set up the camera and in the Image Quality menu setting only Fine and Normal are able to be selected. All of the RAW options are in gray. 

I don't have the ISO in 100 or extended mode, which I have read could cause a problem with RAW shooting.

I'm using a class 10 Kingston 16gb SD with a 30mb/s rate

Body firmware v.4

Lens (27mm pancake) v.1

battery is pretty much

Any advice on how to enable RAW would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

#2 jim0266

jim0266

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:12 AM

Hi Sam,

I just sent back an X-E2s I rented to test as a film scanner with a Leica BEOON and 50mm Rodagon APO enlarging lens. I ran into the same problem of not being able to access the RAW setting. I wound up resetting all the camera functions in the menu settings. I think that's what allowed be to access RAW.  Hope this helps!

#3 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:22 AM

there are a number of other options that you can chose which make raw pictures not accessible, you have selected probably one of those ( like the Advanced mode ).

the popular expression wishful thinking is an oxymoron!

#4 Sam_Z

Sam_Z

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:01 PM

Hi Sam,

I just sent back an X-E2s I rented to test as a film scanner with a Leica BEOON and 50mm Rodagon APO enlarging lens. I ran into the same problem of not being able to access the RAW setting. I wound up resetting all the camera functions in the menu settings. I think that's what allowed be to access RAW.  Hope this helps!

there are a number of other options that you can chose which make raw pictures not accessible, you have selected probably one of those ( like the Advanced mode ).

Thank you both! Milandro, you're right. I was searching for the setting that was causing the problem and it turns out that the camera was in "White Balance Bracket" Drive mode... oops. All set now! Also, I used Adobe DNG converter for the RAF files and looks pretty good! I know there is a lot of debate about which program converts/handles RAF files best. Any advice? Cheers!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RAW, JPG, image quality, ex2

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close