• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sam_Z

Sam_Z

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:29 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Hi! I just purchased an X-E2, and I have a little bit of previous experience with Fujifilm. I am trying to set up the camera and in the Image Quality menu setting only Fine and Normal are able to be selected. All of the RAW options are in gray. 

I don't have the ISO in 100 or extended mode, which I have read could cause a problem with RAW shooting.

I'm using a class 10 Kingston 16gb SD with a 30mb/s rate

Body firmware v.4

Lens (27mm pancake) v.1

battery is pretty much

Any advice on how to enable RAW would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

#2 jim0266

jim0266

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:12 AM

Hi Sam,

I just sent back an X-E2s I rented to test as a film scanner with a Leica BEOON and 50mm Rodagon APO enlarging lens. I ran into the same problem of not being able to access the RAW setting. I wound up resetting all the camera functions in the menu settings. I think that's what allowed be to access RAW.  Hope this helps!

#3 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:22 AM

there are a number of other options that you can chose which make raw pictures not accessible, you have selected probably one of those ( like the Advanced mode ).

the popular expression wishful thinking is an oxymoron!

To all TAPATALK users

As a form of courtesy towards your fellow users of this forum, PLEASE remove the obnoxious tapatalk signature, it adds nothing to anyone’s contribution and it is only a sneaky way used by tapatalk to push their product by polluting each forum participant with promoting their products with unpaid advertising for their software and the brand of your phone. Removing it is easy and it is an act of courtesy that shows respect for all those whom are annoyed by this pointless feature. This is not a personal attack to you, the annoyance is caused by tapatalk and the phone or tablet brands, they are getting all the exposure and you gain nothing by this.

#4 Sam_Z

Sam_Z

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:01 PM

Hi Sam,

I just sent back an X-E2s I rented to test as a film scanner with a Leica BEOON and 50mm Rodagon APO enlarging lens. I ran into the same problem of not being able to access the RAW setting. I wound up resetting all the camera functions in the menu settings. I think that's what allowed be to access RAW.  Hope this helps!

there are a number of other options that you can chose which make raw pictures not accessible, you have selected probably one of those ( like the Advanced mode ).

Thank you both! Milandro, you're right. I was searching for the setting that was causing the problem and it turns out that the camera was in "White Balance Bracket" Drive mode... oops. All set now! Also, I used Adobe DNG converter for the RAF files and looks pretty good! I know there is a lot of debate about which program converts/handles RAF files best. Any advice? Cheers!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RAW, JPG, image quality, ex2

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close