XT2 view finder is smaller than actual photo

Does anyone have the same problem? The image range that LCD and EVF view finder shows is smaller than the actual picture you took. I use the XF 16-55 lens.

The image on LCD

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

The image you actually get

The picture you get is wider than the image you saw on the LCD or EVF screen.

Edited by 531894055

You could be set you camera in RAW only mode. Try RAW+GPEG so your camera will have something to show you.

Hi, I use the XF 16-55 lens, and I tried all the RAW only, GPEG only and RAW+GPEG model. And there is the same problem, when I check the picture, it is wider than LCD/EVF view finder shows. I'm waiting the reply from the Fujifilm support. Hope they could have solutions.

When you say "image you get" are we talking RAW or JPEG? If it's RAW, do you have lens correction disabled in your raw processor?

Thanks for your apply, I tried both RAW and JPEG, the results are the same. As the lens correction you mentioned, I don't find this setting in the camera :0 

I only have this one lens, so now I'm not sure whether it is because of the camera body or the lens.

It's not a setting in the camera... Fuji doesn't allow you to disable the lens correction, so it's always applied to the JPEGs (some fujinon lenses have a much wider field of view optically than with software correction applied). The camera also applies this correction to the viewfinder feed, so it should always match the JPEG. 

I guess it might be the case.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 3 weeks later...

Viewfinders rarely if ever show 100% coverage. That's normal and always has been.

It's better to get a wee bit more coverage than less, so as not to cut off something important.

Here's a link to a good article that explains something that would seem simple but optically and mechanically isn't.

https://luminous-landscape.com/understanding-viewfinders/

As mentioned above, most camera's viewfinders do not show 100% of what the resulting image will show.  95% is a common number I've seen on cameras over the years.  I think there was a Sony released several years back that was something awful ... 75% or something like that!

The fact that the Fuji do > 95% is quite good.