My apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I've searched around for some direction on this and couldn't find much (so I created a login and this is my first post): is there a possibility Fujifilm will support future firmware updates longer for the XE-2s than the XE-2? Would there be any benefit for one acquiring a "s" camera for the purposes of future firmware updates? Thanks for your input.

that is the assumption that everyone has been operating under since the messy introduction of the X-E2S ( which didn’t seem to offer much, in the way of hardware or software, difference from the X-E2) which followed the X-E2 firmware upgrade that maybe wasn’t planned to have been carried out.

Yet, the fact that the entire sensor generation will be upgraded makes this exercise rather futile.

The X-T20 is already there and the X-E3 will follow suit so what would be the point for anyone to buy the X-E2S and what upgrade could be expected (if not in terms of Flash capability) that couldn't surpass the limitation imposed by its hardware?

Thanks. I know ideally it would be great to get an xe3, but who knows when that will be. My xe2 broke and I'm looking to get something now with the money returned (I have no other system). Just wanted to know if it's worth a micro upgrade for the purpose of possible future firmware or just an even swap for another E2.

well, seen that the X-T10 was all the X-E2 ever became (after)  the X-T20 is all the X-E3 will probably be unless they will put the joystick on it.

So, to me, short of waiting, the X-T20 is probably what you need. Of course that is if you really believe that you need 24Mp, otherwise the market is all yours with any secondhand camera available and discarded by all those who can’t resist the lure of a bit more of MP, whatever they think that that will do for their pictures.

Edited by milandro