Replacement lens hoods?

Rod

Is it possible to buy Fuji lens hoods, not other brands for Fuji? I bought my 18-55 used without a lens hood and I am not satisfied with the one I got for it. Sometimes I see good deals on used lenses and they don't have the hood.

Rod

• 1 month later...

I use the same vented hood which others use for the 35 ( the original is nice but a pain in the neck with its rubber cap forever coming off!).

The 60mm macro alternative to its HUGE lens hood required a complex arrangement including a B+W 39mm UV filter used as a spacer (otherwise the lens autofocus malfunctions) and a 39>52 adapter with a short ( normally used for a 35 or 50mm) 2 cm deep, cylindrical, with a front diameter of 58mm where I use a lens cap for this size. Complex but made this lens way more usable.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There is not one original fuji made product which isn’t way more expensive than a no logo counterpart.

I mean even the modestly priced long ocular at €15 is several times the price of a Chinese no name part for another brand.

I suppose that people don’t realize that buying a product made by a world wide company which has a large organization and spends considerable amounts of money in promotion, advertising and management has a cost which wildly exceeds the cost price of the item bought and that ultimately we, the customers, pay for all of that.

Did you ever consider the perfume industry when the liquid and the bottle cost almost nothing compared to the selling price?

Frankly speaking I am much more puzzled by why would the cost of some independent accessory makers be so incredibly high compared to their unknown counterparts.

Why does a lens completely manual and a copy of an ancient design so, not even anything innovative, made by a small company cost an exorbitant amount of money while another company produces a way more advanced and technological new designa t half the price?

• 2 weeks later...