Accidents to the loved one Fuji

pez

Yesterday whilst swapping lens XF 16-55 to 200-400mm the 16-55 lens rolled off my cabinet and fell almost 3ft to a granite floor. Thankfully nobody was within earshot. I am by nature very careful with my expensive toys - how could I allow this to happen?????? The answer to a common question NO I don't have accident insurance.

Following a close inspection and functional test all was well (I was on my blended knees).  A testament to the robustness to Fuji kit?

Over the holidays I was shooting up in the North East. Just so happened I drop my X-T2 TWICE in one week!  Once out the back of my Outback when a family member grabbed the coat the camera was sitting on and pulled the coat out of the car sending the X-T2 crashing to the floor with the 16 1.4, and the second time, again from the back of the open hatch, with the 55-200. You'd think I'd learn a lesson.  But no.   Not even a scratch on body or lens.  I guess it helps it fell onto ice - The camera did leave a chip mark on the ice though.

Scary stuff...

• 2 weeks later...

Over the holidays I was shooting up in the North East. Just so happened I drop my X-T2 TWICE in one week!  Once out the back of my Outback when a family member grabbed the coat the camera was sitting on and pulled the coat out of the car sending the X-T2 crashing to the floor with the 16 1.4, and the second time, again from the back of the open hatch, with the 55-200. You'd think I'd learn a lesson.  But no.   Not even a scratch on body or lens.  I guess it helps it fell onto ice - The camera did leave a chip mark on the ice though.

Scary stuff...

Picture of what the body and lenses looks like now? :)

• 4 weeks later...

Last week, I had my XT1 and lenses in a Tenba messenger that decided to jump off the counter at the camera store.

On first try at photos the camera was DOA. A friend asked - did you try removing the battery?. Well no, I had visions of a broken XT1 and an new XT2 replacing it. Cut to the chase, removing and replacing the battery fixed the problem. But not the problem of a new XT2.

• 4 months later...

During the first year I had my Fuji X100s, I dropped it from about waist level to the pavement twice.  No damage whatsoever to the camera but a pretty good dent on the polarizer that was then mounted.  

I've used it for thousands of shots since with no problems.

When this is happening train yourself to put your foot in the trajectory to soften landing of expensive items like lenses mobile phones act. Avoid this practise when a hammer or sharp items are being dropped.

Found 2 small scratches today. This would bother me more in the past but I tend to have the X-T2 for a long time so I'm sure it will get more small marks. I only had it for about 8 month thnough

Y6GXFFi.jpg

hw6YSlf.jpg

Scratches are part of a camera's life.  It shows character.  Don't be a noob that keeps their cameras pristine.

I was in the Lake District in February. I was off the path in the snow in a small valley and climbed up a steep slope to photograph some icicles. On the way down I slipped. I tumbled down the slope 'base over apex' and landed on top of the X-t2 with 18-55. I was seriously sore for the following week. The camera was covered in mud but otherwise unscathed. It taught me a lesson though. If I had broken an ankle I would probably still be there. The icicle pic was rubbish!