Galapagos/XT-2

Rblnr

Hi all --

A few pics from the Galapagos using an XT-2 and the 100-400 and 50-140mm zooms.  I'll soon be posting a related article about the XT-2 and Fuji generally and will add that link when it's up.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Thanks on the pics.

I was/am happy on the combo. This was a family vacation so I had little time to formally test or even shoot really, but here are some impressions:

Focus speed is much better vs the XT-1 and feels about on par with my Nikon D800. Where the XT-1 did not track well and hunted, the XT-2 now 'works' re tracking. I got much.better results using zone vs the wide tracking setting, but really didn't have time to test the many options.

The stabilization on the 100-400 is VERY good. Shot at some fairly slow shutter speeds vs the focal length and was sharp almost every time. The lens also has some nice ergonomic touches such as the cutout on the bottom of the hood to rotate a polarizer.

The 50-140 is incredibly sharp and is my favorite Fuji zoom. The focus is much more positive with it on the. XT-2 vs the XT-1.

As reported everywhere else and so I won't get into detail here is that the XT-2 is a better camera than the XT-1 in every way. What I think might get lost in the discussion of focus speed, MPs and so forth is that between ergonomic improvements, most notably the focus joystick, and the decreased lag time in all operations, the 2 is just a much better, more direct tool to use.  I'm a film director/dp by trade and probably appreciated this as much as anything. These cam/lens combos felt like an organic extension of me

Edited by Rblnr