• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ron.wightman

ron.wightman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:46 AM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)
XF 50-140 f2.8 - One of my fav go to lenses. Always sharp, clear and beautiful. The lens hood has always been a tight fit. Does not bayonet smoothly and snap in place like the others. Is it just the particular lense I have? Anyone else have the same experience?

#2 nullawally

nullawally

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:57 AM

Same here. Thought I cross-threaded It. Had the same problem with the old Canon 17-40mm. As you say, beautiful lens, but the lens hood frustrates the hell out of me

#3 erwiurewurwehu

erwiurewurwehu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:26 PM

Same here. Fuji is really good at building lenses but their hoods and caps are just pain terrible. When I had Pentax, all the hoods just snapped on perfectly. Never had any problem. Not so with Fuji.

#4 ron.wightman

ron.wightman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:57 AM

Well it makes me feel better knowing I'm not alone - thanks for the reply
  • Puck likes this

#5 pez

pez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:15 AM

Yip mine is tight as well. Only suggestion is to very gently trim  ie with watch makers file or very fine wet and dry paper.  Using a powerful magnifier look for the area were there is clear rubbing. Little test little and test is the rule.  At very worst it is replaceable.

#6 EddieX

EddieX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:01 PM

Funny, mine is loose, very easy to rotate it.  Want to trade? :D

2x X-T2/VPB | X-T1 | 16 ƒ1.4 | 35 ƒ1.4 | 90 ƒ2 | 18-55 ƒ2.8-4 | XF 16-55mm ƒ2.8 | XF 50-140 ƒ2.8 Mitakon 35mm ƒ0.95 | RRS |

want:  56mm ƒ1.2

#7 Tom H.

Tom H.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:42 PM

Mine was annoyingly rigid at first, but after use it has become just "tight", which I like because I tend to leave it in my workbag for days on end without having to check if it came off.

#8 MSW

MSW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 05:06 AM

XF 50-140 f2.8 - One of my fav go to lenses. Always sharp, clear and beautiful. The lens hood has always been a tight fit. Does not bayonet smoothly and snap in place like the others. Is it just the particular lense I have? Anyone else have the same experience?

I'm not real excited about any of the lens hoods (or front and rear caps) that Fuji makes.  I'm comparing them to the Nikon equivalent to which I had been accustomed.  Every brand has some special area of weakness and this is Fuji's.  Not a reason to abandon the rest of the system but it is an area of constant annoyance.

[At least in the case of front lens caps, when a replacement is needed a Nikon of the same size is a definite improvement.]

#9 Adam Woodhouse

Adam Woodhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 02 February 2017 - 02:18 PM

Yup, same issue on mine.  I thought something was wrong when I first got the lens because it felt like I was cross-threading it when I put it on.  But over time, it has gotten a bit better.

TWO Fujifilm X-T2's
16mm/1.4 | 35mm/1.4 | 10-24mm/4 | 16-55mm/2.8 | 50-140/2.8

Rokinon 8mm/2.8

Flashes: Fujifilm EF-X500, iNissin i40 and two Yongnou 565's

Classic Lens Adapters: M42, Canon FD, Nikon and Minolta MD

Adam Woodhouse, Wedding Photographer
Ontario, Canada
http://www.adamwoodhouse.info
Twitter: @woodhousephoto

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close