Fujifilm X-T20 Rumors

Patrick FR

Brilliant. I just realized the we need a XT-200 which does not have a LCD screen. Whatever sensor, 16 or 24 I don't mind. Less is more. You can see whetver you want through the EVF anyway. I hardly use the LCD anyway and without it will vastly improve battery life.

But due to GAS this will never happen. So view realize it's about shutter, apperture and ISO and the right lens for the light presented when taking the shot. Not the camera box or post processing software.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Makes me realize that with the XT-2 I have purchased my last camera.  All the new models no matter the brand are coming out with touch screens, so the XT-2 is likely the last camera I will purchase.  Maybe I should pickup a back up XT-2 because they will have to last me a long time.  

Good news. I didn't expect it to be weather resistant or have dual cards Slot and don't care about 4k... The point of Joystick or Touchscreen made me think about it but i would prefer the Touchscreen. I have no problem with moving the focus points via the D Pad on my X-T10 and was very disappointed by the lag time between moving the Joystick and the actual movement of the focus point (as others noticed as well in the forum) when i tried the X-T2 in my local camera store.

Just the ability of quickly checking focus or scrolling through Images with the fingers sounds good.

Another reason beside the price tag that makes me wait for the X-T20 and not buy the X-T2 is the built in Flash.

I'm not a pro and don't want to carry a flash around me all the time, I often had situations were I was glad to just pop up that little thing and although it is not that powerful it really did the job well.

Edited by 2CV6

It apparently is possible, but I'm not quite sure I understand the practicalness of it either. If your eye is up to the EVF, your face would be covering the LCD, so why you would want to be trying to move your thumbs around on the screen is not something I understand right now. Maybe it's one of those things you have to try to get. I'm guessing it is one of those things less experienced people like as it makes things a little easier and they rarely use the EVF to begin with.

I have a Lumix GX7 with touchscreen capability, and although there's no lag, I only ever use the feature when viewing the image on the screen. It's just not practical to use the touchscreen when using the evf, unless you fold it out so the screen is next to the body, but even then it's an awkward manoeuvre. But I do like the 'touch shutter' feature on the Lumix - it focuses on the touch point then takes the shot.

It seems crazy to buy an X-T2 for a joystick, especially as it seems it's a bit slow, but I seem to be moving the focus point in almost every shot I take, so it may still be worth the premium cost over the T20 for me.

I found the touch screen a nice benefit on the Nikon D5500.  I could see a lot of use making the Q menu faster for changing settings.  If using the lcd to compose, it is nice to just touch the screen and have the cam focus and shoot (at least if it works like the D5500). 

if leaked photos are not fake, only 1/4000 shutter speed and no iso dial (or combo), personally i really like combined dial on x-pro2

The loss of the function button would be missed by me at least, i changed the bottom right function button from wifi (default) to iso on the X-T10 , and I remapped the video button on the X-T10 so it's not like a function button has been gained on the top of the camera by moving video to the command dial.

Edited by Tikcus

• 3 weeks later...

My wife has the Panasonic FZ300, and the touchscreen is ridiculously easy to use for AF selection while using the EVF.

I'm pretty disappointed that Fuji is deliberately hamstringing the touchscreen functionality - I won't get an X-T2 even though I like the form factor because I do want the ability to use a touchscreen, and I won't get the X-T20 if I can neither focus with or use the touchscreen to change camera settings, as it seems that is not possible. Which genius thought of that?

Give us touchscreen and allow us to do everything or nothing with it. But don't give us a half-assed screen that doesn't have the competition's existing functionalities. I'm disappointed.

Well, it is with a not so heavy heart that I depart these Fuji shores. I'm moving "down" to MFT. I bought a Panasonic Gx850, with a collapsible kit lens, and have been stunned by the picture quality that this tiny gem produces in a camera that makes the X-T10 look enormous. Added the 45-150 zoom (90-300 equiv)and all of this together weighs less than my 55-200 XF and is much smaller.

Other than size and price, what really made me tire of Fuji was the hit and miss AF and the quirky controls/poor ergonomics. I have an easier time with the much smaller entry-level Panny MFT than I did with my X-T10. And it's tiny. Did I say tiny? TINY!!

Good to hear that you found something that fits you!

How is the image quality at the long end, and how do you like the ISO-performance of the newer µ4/3 sensor? (Honest question, I know someone who's searching for a small lightweight holiday-camera with wide-angle AND a lot of reach).

Oh, about AF/controls/ergonomics : I think you left Fuji a few weeks too early concerning those problems. If the X-T20 is to the X-T2 what the X-T10 was to the X-T1 (I have both, T1&T2), none of it should be an issue anymore. But since you left for size and price too, I don't think you have anything to regret.