21 replies to this topic

#1 Patrick FR

Patrick FR

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTOP SECRET

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:51 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Fujifilm X-T20 First Specs :: No Joystick, but Touch Screen! – POLL

http://www.fujirumor...0-touch-screen/

#2 Antonius

Antonius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:26 PM

Brilliant. I just realized the we need a XT-200 which does not have a LCD screen. Whatever sensor, 16 or 24 I don't mind. Less is more. You can see whetver you want through the EVF anyway. I hardly use the LCD anyway and without it will vastly improve battery life.

But due to GAS this will never happen. So view realize it's about shutter, apperture and ISO and the right lens for the light presented when taking the shot. Not the camera box or post processing software.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#3 Lumens

Lumens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:34 PM

Makes me realize that with the XT-2 I have purchased my last camera.  All the new models no matter the brand are coming out with touch screens, so the XT-2 is likely the last camera I will purchase.  Maybe I should pickup a back up XT-2 because they will have to last me a long time.  

#4 Tikcus

Tikcus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:45 PM

touch screens are very useful if only for focus selecting (especially for video)

Although, I'm still not going to buy yet.

90% of the X-T2 for 50% of the price will be attractive

• Grazuncle likes this

"Share what you have learnt"

My Flickr

#5 Hermelin

Hermelin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:01 PM

Sounds like a smart move by Fuji.

• Grazuncle likes this

#6 2CV6

2CV6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:41 PM

Good news. I didn't expect it to be weather resistant or have dual cards Slot and don't care about 4k... The point of Joystick or Touchscreen made me think about it but i would prefer the Touchscreen. I have no problem with moving the focus points via the D Pad on my X-T10 and was very disappointed by the lag time between moving the Joystick and the actual movement of the focus point (as others noticed as well in the forum) when i tried the X-T2 in my local camera store.
Just the ability of quickly checking focus or scrolling through Images with the fingers sounds good.
Another reason beside the price tag that makes me wait for the X-T20 and not buy the X-T2 is the built in Flash.
I'm not a pro and don't want to carry a flash around me all the time, I often had situations were I was glad to just pop up that little thing and although it is not that powerful it really did the job well.

Edited by 2CV6, 09 January 2017 - 09:43 PM.

• Tikcus and Grazuncle like this

#7 mdm

mdm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:27 AM

still can not understand how should I change focus point while the camera is sticking to my face?

#8 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 02:00 PM

with a D pad?

• Grazuncle likes this

the popular expression wishful thinking is an oxymoron!

Please remove the obnoxious tapatalk signature, it adds nothing to anyone’s contribution and it is only a sneaky way used by tapatalk to push their product by polluting each forum participant with promoting their products. They don’t even pay you for this! Nobody really wants to know about the brand and type of your phone or the program that you use to post on the forum.

#9 mdm

mdm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 02:48 PM

realy! )) on Fujirumor site someone said he can do that using touch-screen while looking trough EVF, that's why I'm asking.

#10 mdm

mdm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 02:53 PM

Attached File  2.JPG   41.15KB   22 downloads

#11 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:37 PM

well, I suppose that the D pad won’t be discarded, since it is there for every model that hasn’t got a joystick.

Perhaps this person swapped the terms LCD with EVF, after all some folks don’t even know what these acronyms stand for.

• Grazuncle likes this

Please remove the obnoxious tapatalk signature, it adds nothing to anyone’s contribution and it is only a sneaky way used by tapatalk to push their product by polluting each forum participant with promoting their products. They don’t even pay you for this! Nobody really wants to know about the brand and type of your phone or the program that you use to post on the forum.

#12 Nick05

Nick05

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:03 AM

It apparently is possible, but I'm not quite sure I understand the practicalness of it either. If your eye is up to the EVF, your face would be covering the LCD, so why you would want to be trying to move your thumbs around on the screen is not something I understand right now. Maybe it's one of those things you have to try to get. I'm guessing it is one of those things less experienced people like as it makes things a little easier and they rarely use the EVF to begin with.

#13 Nick05

Nick05

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:08 AM

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=CzQXcWNIhxw

Check out the lag on the touch af in this video.. this is what those people were going on about being so great..

#14 frankinfuji

frankinfuji

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationThailand

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:53 AM

I have a Lumix GX7 with touchscreen capability, and although there's no lag, I only ever use the feature when viewing the image on the screen. It's just not practical to use the touchscreen when using the evf, unless you fold it out so the screen is next to the body, but even then it's an awkward manoeuvre. But I do like the 'touch shutter' feature on the Lumix - it focuses on the touch point then takes the shot.

It seems crazy to buy an X-T2 for a joystick, especially as it seems it's a bit slow, but I seem to be moving the focus point in almost every shot I take, so it may still be worth the premium cost over the T20 for me.
  • Grazuncle likes this

#15 rh22

rh22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:16 AM

I found the touch screen a nice benefit on the Nikon D5500.  I could see a lot of use making the Q menu faster for changing settings.  If using the lcd to compose, it is nice to just touch the screen and have the cam focus and shoot (at least if it works like the D5500). 

#16 Patrick FR

Patrick FR

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTOP SECRET

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:10 AM

will shoot 4K: http://www.fujirumor...shoot-4k-video/

#17 Tikcus

Tikcus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:41 PM

if leaked photos are not fake, only 1/4000 shutter speed and no iso dial (or combo), personally i really like combined dial on x-pro2

The loss of the function button would be missed by me at least, i changed the bottom right function button from wifi (default) to iso on the X-T10 , and I remapped the video button on the X-T10 so it's not like a function button has been gained on the top of the camera by moving video to the command dial.

Edited by Tikcus, 16 January 2017 - 11:48 PM.

"Share what you have learnt"

My Flickr

#18 Autriche

Autriche

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:21 PM

My wife has the Panasonic FZ300, and the touchscreen is ridiculously easy to use for AF selection while using the EVF.

I'm pretty disappointed that Fuji is deliberately hamstringing the touchscreen functionality - I won't get an X-T2 even though I like the form factor because I do want the ability to use a touchscreen, and I won't get the X-T20 if I can neither focus with or use the touchscreen to change camera settings, as it seems that is not possible. Which genius thought of that?

Give us touchscreen and allow us to do everything or nothing with it. But don't give us a half-assed screen that doesn't have the competition's existing functionalities. I'm disappointed.

#19 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:29 PM

cant’ please everyone every time, only some folks most of the time, it is clear that Fuji is doing something different than Panasonic.

If you can’t bring Moses to the mountain Fuji, it is unlikely that you can bring mountain Fuji to Moses. And it never came to pass that the twain shall ever meet.

• Grazuncle likes this

#20 mdm

mdm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:40 AM

Which genius thought of that?

The same genius who think that we don't need fast primes any more; that we don't want X-E3; that most of us are going to switch over to GFX; that the more X-A models the better; etc, etc...

• frankinfuji likes this

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close