Series of fortunate circumstances - Gear related decision question

CJH

So here's an interesting story… followed by a gear related question I’m now faced with!

First off… Hi all! Still new around here, long-time reader/lurker, first time poster.

My gateway to the Fuji world was an X100T in the fall of 2014. It was a much-loved, go everywhere, always with me camera. It was stolen from my car this summer along with a number of my other personal belongings. It was a sad time that I wrote off as a personal loss because the deductible on my insurance really didn't make sense for me to make a claim.

However, I decided this was a good opportunity to make a switch from Canon to Fujifilm for my entire setup. I sold off my 6D kit, lenses, etc. After lots of research, great Fuji promotional pricing and falling in love with the rangefinder style of the X100T, I picked up an X-E2s kit (with 18-55mm f/2.8-4), 10-24mm & 23mm f/1.4. Much love to Fuji Rumors, I knew the X-T2 was coming early fall and would be my end goal with the X-E2s & 27mm f/2.8 would be delegated my new 'go everywhere' camera.

I've since added the X-T2, 56mm f/1.2 & the 27mm f/2.8 for my X-E2s to complete my Fuji kit (lol, okay I’m still eyeing a couple more things… is the kit it ever complete?!) and I’m SUPER pleased with my setup!

Well, this past week, in a series of awesome events (never, EVER give up hope looking for your stolen gear), I got my X100T back! Man, I forgot how much I loved this camera!

So now I have this incredibly fortunate and 100% first-world problem of having too much gear simply by fortunate circumstances. I really don’t need these three, amazing, cameras, there’s a lot of overlap in terms of functionality and purpose, but I’m having a hard time deciding what makes sense to keep.

Part of me thinks I’m now circumstantially obliged to keep my x100t because of it’s miraculous return, but part of me thinks, why not sell the X100T & X-E2s and pick up a XPro2 and have the best of everything in the x-series world… But do I really want to have a $2000+ camera in my bag at all times?

What might you do?

Happy, fortunate, decisions!

If you can afford it, go for it!

I don't know where you are from, but your valuables could be stolen at any time, so as ever you need to be cautious!

Of course you realise you already have an $1800 dollar camera in your bag!

Just twigged that'll be Canadian Dollors then

Edited by Mike G

Keep the X-E2s with the 27mm, as a combination it beats the X100 for capabilities and lens sharpness in my view. And it's a spare body for your X-T2 lenses. For the cost of an X-Pro 2 (which adds no significant capability over what you have), you could get the 35mm or 90mm primes.

Of course, buybuybuy!

Disclaimer: I'd like fuji to be around for a long time

Now, on to the honest comments: compared to the interchangeables the x100 series does handle differently. You may have noticed this when comparing to the E and think this may not be the case with the pro series, but I suspect that even compared with the pro2 shooting with the x100t will feel different.

I agree with Florian above on the handling of the cameras. I have the X-T2, X-Pro2, and the X100T. To go with X-Pro2, I also have the 23mm F/2 and 35mm F/2. The X100T is smaller and lighter than the X-Pro2 which is physically larger than the X-T2. The X-Pro2 does have the hybrid viewfinder, much better AF, and more physical controls. The X100T has a silent leaf shutter where the X-Pro2 has the same as the X-T2. I'm saying this to point out the differences as I do not know which parts of the X100T you like the most. For me personally, I've planned to take photos of my X100T to list for sale this week, but have not done it yet. I like the camera, but I prefer the X-Pro2 for its flexibility. I'm sure I will miss the X100T some, but I just don't use it enough. As far as the cost of the camera i have with me, that is not something i think about much,

Hey all, thanks for the insight and encouragement to spur the economy ;)

You're right about the handling on the cameras. The X-E2s & X-100T are actually very similar, which was part of the reason I opted for the X-E2s as the initial replacement. I must admit, the joystick dial on the X-T2 has proven exceptionally useful, maybe I'm just spoiled now and has me eyeing the X-Pro2 with additional control envy. 

One of the things I've re-acquainted myself with, and also really appreciate about the X100T is the leaf shutter. I forgot how quiet (nearly silent!) it is. I often found myself in situations switching to the electronic shutter on my X-E2s / X-T2 when I wanted to be discrete, but I ran into that weird banding issue under artificial lighting. 

I guess the X100F is just around the corner, but I'm not sure that's really going to be any sort of upgrade to either of these cameras, but I might get a joystick dial! 

Thanks for the points to ponder!