3 replies to this topic

#1 Patrick FR

Patrick FR

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 842 posts
  • LocationTOP SECRET

Posted 06 January 2017 - 03:49 AM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)
Iridient X-Transformer 1.0 Beta 1 for Windows Available Download link and first reviews on FujiRumors: http://www.fujirumor...ient-available/

#2 asathor

asathor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationStuck on land too long.

Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:55 AM

Downloaded it and it works as expected. I bought a license because $30 makes a lot more sense than spending money on the big guys.

We need to encourage the people who are on our side! 

I'll post something later.

• Tool Belt likes this

#3 Antonius

Antonius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:31 PM

I tried it out. Very interesting results.  I use PS CC and LR CC and so far I am very happy with the results.  I am not really a fan of too much sharpening and when I do it my method will depend on the image.  One thing I did realize after purchasing IR-X is that it sharpens the whole image.  That can be a disadvantage as in some images it does bring out more noise in out of focus areas which I can protect in PS.  So use it carefully (well I do).  In most cases I will sharpen in PS CC on a luminosity layer in the red channel and get on par to IR-X results. BUT. I have found IR-X can push sharpening way further than what I can achieve in PS or LR. 

#4 Felix

Felix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:06 AM

I have also bought a licence for this RAW coinverter. It certainly handles fine details better than LR, producing correct detail rather than the sometimes worm like rendition of LR.

There is some control over the amount of sharpening and, like Antonius, I keep that to a minimum, using LR or PS to take care of that as and when needed.

The overall result is very impressive and makes my Fuji X outfit all the more valuable.

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close