Legacy lenses 35mm equivalent for landscapes

Jake Hall

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone can shine some light on any excellent & affordable (unicorn) 35mm equivalent legacy lenses for my fuji x-t1. I have a nikkor 50mm 1.8 AI adapted which is absolutely fantastic, i'm hoping to find something that's around 23mm (35mm equivalent).

All I can see from nikkor is a 28mm 2.8 which sounds fine, but I have the fuji 35 f2 which is probably a bit close to that(?). Happy to look at other brands but nikkor would be better as I have an nikon f adapter already.

My intention is to shoot landscapes so edge-to-edge sharpness is most important and not too bothered about it being fast. 

thanks!

Jake 

www.jakehphoto.tumblr.com 

Super Takumar 24mm f/3.5 M42

thanks, it looks nice but difficult to find in the UK, the cheapest being £190 (far more than the $135 USD elsewhere..)

I keep on looking and after much forum scrolling there seem to be a few options but nothing thats a real standout which is a shame. 

Yep, you better look around the net. Takumars are strange: sometimes they come up for few bucks, other times are quite expensive. Though some of them, like the 85mm, are always expensive.

You might go for the 28mm, much cheaper than 24, but you'll have a 42mm equivalent

Edited by lleo

Yep, you better look around the net. Takumars are strange: sometimes they come up for few bucks, other times are quite expensive. Though some of them, like the 85mm, are always expensive.

You might go for the 28mm, much cheaper than 24, but you'll have a 42mm equivalent

Thanks for the help, I ended up scoring a nice old Nikon 24mm 2.8 AIS for £80 :)