Scenes from everyday life: India & Nepal

Jose Carpin

If I had to resume my travel to India and Nepal in one word, it would be intense... 

The purpose of the trip was simple: On one hand, I wanted to meet those amazing countries, discover their most beautiful places, and learn about their cultures. On the other hand, I wanted to carry out a personal photography project. Yes, I had been cooking a project in my mind for a couple of months: I wanted to take pictures of scenes from everyday life of local people.

The great photojournalist STEVE MCCURRY has been a great inspiration for me. I coincide with his perspective and style of shooting pictures. I like to observe unknowns walking on the streets while I am composing a photograph in my mind. I normally have a previous idea of what I want to do, so I just have to find the location of the right place, and then just wait for picturesque people to carry out my plan.

Before departing to Asia from Spain, I had to choose the photography gear for this trip. Fortunately, I was already aware about not taking too much weight as I would be backpacking Asia alone for a month, and believe me or not, when you are backpacking it’s very important to feel comfortable and agile. So I finally decided to pick up my two favorite Fuji lenses for traveling: the XF16MM F1.4 R WR and the XF35MM F1.4 R. Both lenses attached are my favorite combo to cover all the photography needs and face any photography challenge a long this trip. My camera is the FUJI XT-1, so I already knew that all my photography needs would be totally covered.

Continue reading my article in the following link: Scenes from everyday life: India & Nepal with Fujifilm

You can visit my website here: www.josecarpin.com

You can see all the pictures reading the article. But let my show you some of them below:

DSCF3941.jpg

DSCF3977.jpg

DSCF4029.jpg

DSCF4048.jpg

DSCF4322.jpg

DSCF4606.jpg