3 replies to this topic

#1 verysame

verysame

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 09:33 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Hi there,

I'm curious what could theoretically be the expectation for the next Fuji's PRO camera timewise?

The X-T2 was September 2016, if I'm not mistaken.

X-T1, 2014.

The X-Pro2 first quarter 2016, right?

the X-Pro1 2012.

It seems, there's a cycle of almost 2 years, except for the xPRO, but I also guess the production is also moving faster now than 4 years ago.

If that would be the case then the next fuji PRO could be expected maybe in 2018, with perhaps some early announcement in 2017.

Does that sound reasanable?

#2 MirrorMirror

MirrorMirror

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:40 PM

Sounds reasonable to me. Do you think our expectations will have an impact on Fuji's production cycle. I'm thinking if we all thought really hard all at the same time.

#3 verysame

verysame

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:46 PM

Sounds reasonable to me. Do you think our expectations will have an impact on Fuji's production cycle. I'm thinking if we all thought really hard all at the same time.

No, but I think if we all look at the moon on December 31st and chant "new Xpro" three times, nothing will happen but it will be a different new year's eve :)

#4 Doug Pardee

Doug Pardee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 11:01 PM

Fujifilm doesn't seem to have any particular "cycles". On top of that, the GFX line -- both bodies and lenses -- is going to be taking a chunk of Fuji's attention and manufacturing space that previously had been available for the X-mount cameras.

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close