Help - Everything went green

I just got my X-PRO2 this morning. Went for a walk and was shooting away and everything seemed fine. Then suddenly... everything went green. The viewfinder, the LCD and the playback of shots were all heavily tinted green. I can't figure out what I did. I did a reset and it didn't change anything. Have I destroyed my camera after 25 shots??????

Please see attached, these are taken one right after the other. I don't think I changed any setting...unpurpose!

Thank for your help. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

OK Solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, asking me about the white balance.... I thought I had not changed anything and it was set to auto. It was set to auto and in my usual Nikon world, auto just means auto. But, when I just went in and looked at the auto white balance there is that color pattern where you move it from center to the red, green, etc. quadrant. Somehow, I had looked at that, and unknowingly moved it all the way to the lower left, green quadrant. Probably because I was in bright sunlight and couldn't even see that moving.This was sort of an accident. I thought because it was on "auto" it would actually mean "auto", but if you have moved that... it isn't exactly "auto."

Anyway, I am very happy not to have to send this for repair. 

Thanks for your help. It always helps to ask the right question.

Edited by LMMiller9

OK Solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, asking me about the white balance.... I thought I had not changed anything and it was set to auto. It was set to auto and in my usual Nikon world, auto just means auto. But, when I just went in and looked at the auto white balance there is that color pattern where you move it from center to the red, green, etc. quadrant. Somehow, I had looked at that, and unknowingly moved it all the way to the lower left, green quadrant. Probably because I was in bright sunlight and couldn't even see that moving.This was sort of an accident. I thought because it was on "auto" it would actually mean "auto", but if you have moved that... it isn't exactly "auto."

Anyway, I am very happy not to have to send this for repair. 

Thanks for your help. It always helps to ask the right question.

This point of fine tuning is exactly as adzman808 mentioned in post #2. Each of the WB settings are capable of fine tuning via the "matrix graphic". It usually happens accidentally when the WB can be adjusted by a direct function button. The button gets pressed by rubbing on your body, a couple of presses and the fine tuning is adjusted away from centre. Reassign the WB button to something else and access WB via the menu or Q menu to avoid pressing the dedicated function button.

You could try checking that the white balance is correctly set, (try auto with the tint set in the middle of the matrix graphic) or perhaps try a different lens but failing that it seems like a fault that will need a warranty repair

Your answer was correct. However if it hadn't been correct an issue with a freshly bought camera should never be the subject of a repair. Newly bought items should be replaced or refunded by the retailer, not repaired.