Zhongyi Mitakon 20mm F2 4.5X Super Macro Lens… also for Fujifilm X Mount

milandro

Someone at Zhongyi has knowledge of the old photographic techniques and creative marketing ideas and contrabands them as new products.

This lens, which looks so strange to some (but not quite so if you look closely) , is most probably simply a repurposed C-Mount lens for a CCTV camera which has been quite simply inverted and they put a ring for different cameras on it, where normally you would have the front lens.

Of course it gives a great reproduction ratio, it is an inverted wideangle (!) and, as to be expected under these conditions, you won’t be able to focus infinity!

New lens? Not quite!

Just good old photography ( for those of us whom are old enough to remember it! )

With a little of ingenuity, you can do the same. Look up (inverting wideangle for macrophotography). There are blogs, such as this showing you the whole process and I am not going to repost here thei pictures. http://vkphotoblog.blogspot.nl/2013/08/reverse-lens-macro-photography-with-x.html

It will cost you pennies! Do this yourself!

Mitakon-20mm-f2.4-Super-Macro-580x720.jp

All you need is a wideangle lens and an inversion ring

31WvFi3xTwL._SY355_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Pixco-Reverse-Adapter-Fujifilm-X-Pro1/dp/B00BBPK2AQ

Edited by milandro

it is, but I am not sure in which way you find it interesting. ;)  :)

It is certainly interesting that a company puts out on the market a lens which does very little else than you could do yourself at very little cost.

So, yes, you can either buy the ready made lens or make your own.

All you need is getting hold of a CCTV lens and a couple of rings and you are in business.

You can do the same thing with a number of lenses really no need for a CCTV wideangle lens. This solution for super macro has been out there forever and you can find on line many resources on the matter, or you can buy the Zhongyi lens.

Whichever you prefer.

Edited by milandro

Both! I know a lot of Chinese companies sell rebranded and adjusted products but didn't know they'd even do something like this. That's also why I'm not keen on buying Chinese lens brands even though there might be some good products.

I also didn't know about the inversion ring. Something I might try in the future. I have a few older manual focus lenses lying around.

So, thanks  ;)

Cheers, it is a very old technique that they have revived.

There is nothing wrong in it other that with a few pennies you can do it yourself.

I am very happy to have bought many things that I couldn’t have found easily or cheap or made myself. Made in China or Russia.

So, the lens turbo by Zhongy is an excellent product ( I have 2) the tilt adapter by Kipon is great, the macro helicoid/adapter M42 Fuji Fx made by Pixco is very good too and the cherry on the cake the Petzval lens is superb.

Edited by milandro