• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kevin n

kevin n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 05:58 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

greetings.  i am missing 3 of the 4 tiny screws that keep the tripod mount bracket from moving.  bought the camera used.  

i contacted Fuji service center in NJ and the service agent told me that i need to send the camera in.  the camera is not under warranty and i just want to buy the screws.  service agent told me, "NO, I need to send the camera in..."  long silence as i tried to understand his suffering... is there anywhere else i can buy these screws?  service agent told me to try B&H.  i told him thank you and good bye!

question: what size screws are used to hold the tripod mount.  I googled and found one forum entry that may be a start M1.6 2mm.  what type of head is the screw: wafer head?  http://www.metricscr...Path=98_290_291

just reaching out to see if anyone else has gone down this road.  

thanks and happy shooting.

Edited by kevin n, 07 January 2017 - 09:48 AM.

#2 addicted2light

addicted2light

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 December 2016 - 09:37 AM

Hi, 

probably the fastest and cheapest solution, assuming you can find one in your area, is going to a clock repairman.

They usually have all kinds of super small screws, and bringing your camera with you (or as a last ditch effort removing the last screw from your camera and measuring it) they will be able to determine which size and pitch you need, and sell to you the 3 missing screws.

Best luck with this, and I agree: having to send a camera in for a repair like this one is simply ridiculous...

www.addicted2light.com

www.facebook.com/addicted2light

“You cannot depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus” Mark Twain

#3 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,707 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:14 PM

there is a thread already about people missing screws, you can replace them yourself or order them, I they get unscrewed I don’t know.

http://www.fuji-x-fo...ew-disappeared/

Hi guys,

So I followed Milandro advise and fulfilled the Fujifilm HQ contact form. And this morning I had a nice news from the Switzerland team and they manage the repair of the lost screws for free !

So finally a good news, but I have to wait 2 more weeks to get ma camera back.

So don't be afraid to contact Tokyo if you're not happy with your local repair handling :-)

Thank you Milandro :-)

Edited by milandro, 16 December 2016 - 01:16 PM.

the popular expression wishful thinking is an oxymoron!

To all TAPATALK users

As a form of courtesy towards your fellow users of this forum, PLEASE remove the obnoxious tapatalk signature, it adds nothing to anyone’s contribution and it is only a sneaky way used by tapatalk to push their product by polluting each forum participant with promoting their products with unpaid advertising for their software and the brand of your phone. Removing it is easy and it is an act of courtesy that shows respect for all those whom are annoyed by this pointless feature. This is not a personal attack to you, the annoyance is caused by tapatalk and the phone or tablet brands, they are getting all the exposure and you gain nothing by this.

#4 kevin n

kevin n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:47 AM

after some further research and taking a leap of faith i ordered a bag of 50 mini screws in the following size from eBay.  items were shipped from china.  cost of 50 screws $2.90 USD.  shipping was $1.50.  price per screw was $0.09!!!!!!!!

in case other's find themselves in my situation (missing screws AND unhelpful fuji customer service), i hope you find my experience helpful.

thank you and happy shooting.

M1.6 x 2mm Phillips Flat Head Screw Nickel Plated

351d2q8.jpg

9kwkuo.jpg

#5 cprevost

cprevost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:54 PM

Do those sit flush to the camera body?

#6 kevin n

kevin n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:49 PM

yes.  they sit flush.  the top is flat.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xt1

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close