• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kevin n

kevin n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 05:58 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

greetings.  i am missing 3 of the 4 tiny screws that keep the tripod mount bracket from moving.  bought the camera used.  

i contacted Fuji service center in NJ and the service agent told me that i need to send the camera in.  the camera is not under warranty and i just want to buy the screws.  service agent told me, "NO, I need to send the camera in..."  long silence as i tried to understand his suffering... is there anywhere else i can buy these screws?  service agent told me to try B&H.  i told him thank you and good bye!

question: what size screws are used to hold the tripod mount.  I googled and found one forum entry that may be a start M1.6 2mm.  what type of head is the screw: wafer head?  http://www.metricscr...Path=98_290_291

just reaching out to see if anyone else has gone down this road.  

thanks and happy shooting.

Edited by kevin n, 07 January 2017 - 09:48 AM.

#2 addicted2light

addicted2light

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 December 2016 - 09:37 AM

Hi, 

probably the fastest and cheapest solution, assuming you can find one in your area, is going to a clock repairman.

They usually have all kinds of super small screws, and bringing your camera with you (or as a last ditch effort removing the last screw from your camera and measuring it) they will be able to determine which size and pitch you need, and sell to you the 3 missing screws.

Best luck with this, and I agree: having to send a camera in for a repair like this one is simply ridiculous...

www.addicted2light.com

www.facebook.com/addicted2light

“You cannot depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus” Mark Twain

#3 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:14 PM

there is a thread already about people missing screws, you can replace them yourself or order them, I they get unscrewed I don’t know.

http://www.fuji-x-fo...ew-disappeared/

Hi guys,

So I followed Milandro advise and fulfilled the Fujifilm HQ contact form. And this morning I had a nice news from the Switzerland team and they manage the repair of the lost screws for free !

So finally a good news, but I have to wait 2 more weeks to get ma camera back.

So don't be afraid to contact Tokyo if you're not happy with your local repair handling :-)

Thank you Milandro :-)

Edited by milandro, 16 December 2016 - 01:16 PM.

the popular expression wishful thinking is an oxymoron!

#4 kevin n

kevin n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:47 AM

after some further research and taking a leap of faith i ordered a bag of 50 mini screws in the following size from eBay.  items were shipped from china.  cost of 50 screws $2.90 USD.  shipping was $1.50.  price per screw was $0.09!!!!!!!!

in case other's find themselves in my situation (missing screws AND unhelpful fuji customer service), i hope you find my experience helpful.

thank you and happy shooting.

M1.6 x 2mm Phillips Flat Head Screw Nickel Plated

351d2q8.jpg

9kwkuo.jpg

#5 cprevost

cprevost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:54 PM

Do those sit flush to the camera body?

#6 kevin n

kevin n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:49 PM

yes.  they sit flush.  the top is flat.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xt1

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close