Exifext not working!

Mike G

For several years I have used an extension to Mac Safari to enable me to view a photos exif data, sadly this extension has now stopped doing its stuff. 

So I'm asking what others use?

I have OSX Sierra installed and I wonder if that is the cause of the extension not working?

the cause is sierra, there will be more software which is not working under sierra, always the same story, I am still running Yosemite because of this.

Anyway, what is the data that you are missing?

A lot , such as: focal length , shutter speed, type of film simulation date and many more things....,  is simply contained in the other info, outline the file press  command I (information works with any fil on a mac), if you load pics in Flickr at the bottom of each file, unless you hide it, it will tell you and anyone else every possible data.

Milandro, it not about what info I'm missing but a case of putting the cursor into the picture area and pressing command e and the EXIF data is superimposed on the picture in a box. Very handy when those who post do not give the camera settings as it allows me to see those EXIF details.

Milandro, thanks for the tip regarding "command + I" obviously I didn't know that!

Now I need a command to do that with any image, not the the image file but an on Safari screen image as one is able to do ExifExt when it worked, I hope that makes sense.

I thought that you might not have known that.

Anyway, I advise you to be less eager to update software.

Sierra has all sorts of programs which no longer work with the new OS.

The way these days Apple (and everyone else, even Fuji) works is to put out the software, we test it ( for free) and slowly they release system or firmware update following the complaints albeit automatic ( your system sends feedback) or not.

Good Luck.

A screenshot of what ExifExt extension to Safari could have done if it was working !

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

This worked on any image shown in a Safari browser window not just mine!

No it wouldn't! As the ExifExt relies upon another resource and that sight is down due it seems to a problem with the host server!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

No problems. From your enquiries it looks like the tool uses an Internet resource, same exiftool as above link, and that's down. Perhaps it will come back up.

I've not used the tool myself but have used the standalone (not a web resource) LR plugin from the same site. It's been there for quite a few years so I expect it's a short term site down. Perhaps he's not paid his hosting fees!!