Fuji X-T1 Flash Help

pauliek

Hello Everyone:

I have had my X-T1 for some time, but have never used the little flash that comes with it.  How do I use it? The flash menu icons have changed with the firmware updates, and the original User's Manual and firmware Updated Manuals are not very user friendly (at least for me).  I have searched online but everything seems to be "off camera" info. So, what is the best camera settings, or easiest way to use an "auto" flash feature?  

Now... I have tried.. with my camera set to:  auto ISO, with 180x shutter.  Is this the best auto setting?  One problem with this setting is when I look through the EVF and depress the button, I get a split second view of my subject (my low lit room) and it is let well for that split second.  But then the scene goes way too dark... and is hard to frame a shot.  I thought the EVF would show me what the end result/picture will be - which would give me a lighted view of the scene, allowing me to frame the shot.

So... any advice for "auto" flash?  And where do I find advice for manual settings?  For now, I will be using only "on camera" flash.  

I just signed up to this forum - and appreciate any help I can get!  And sorry for such a rambling post!  

Thank you, and Peace to All!

Paul