X-Pro2 Weather Seals

Hi,

Has anyone else had any issues with their weather sealing? I'm working in northern Cambodia and it's very dusty this time of year. After a day on the road I was checking batteries and noticed the weather seal has started to fall apart on the battery door. Also the seal around the memory card slots has started to wrap. Fuji service have said they'll have to replace the entire battery compartment and it'll be in the shop for two weeks. I'm just about to purchase a second X-Pro2 body and wondered if this is a common problem.

(I've been using two X-Pro1s since 2012)

XP2seal.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I change batteries about 2-3 times a week. On a job maybe once or twice. I've come from using X-Pro1s since 2012, so I'm good with changing batteries. I'm going to have to get another X-Pro2 soon anyways, I'll put this one in for service during a quiet period. I'm just back from Cambodia, and off the Kazakstan in a week. Living in Singapore so +33* > -38* should be quite a test for the sealing. When I return I'll simply buy another and drop this one in for repair. I just hope it's a limited problem, what with projects during the wet season on the horizon....

• 1 year later...

Hey there,

I am just now experiencing this issue as well. I rarely need to swap out my battery and was shocked to discover the sealing torn in pretty much the exact same spot as yours.

Also called Fuji for repair and they also said it would require complete replacement of the battery chamber... $180 Labour + Parts + Tax.

Strange they don't have the seals for this around to just replace.

Did you get yours fixed?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Yes, I had it repaired under warranty. However, its happend again!

I give up.

I’ll learn to live with it. To be honest I’d think the weather resistance would be ok.

I went for a 2nd X-T2 in the end, no problems at all. I’m still considering another X-Pro2 as I’m missing having two rangefinder size cameras on me at all times (35 & 85 lenses). The X-T2 only ventures out for news and events, it usually has the 50-140 stuck on, not so subtle. 

I guess, it’s something we have to live with for now.