Cool power adapter for Fuji-X battery charger

Hi Fuji-X buddies,

When I got my X-E2, the charger came with a monstrous power cable that was way too long and way too annoying to travel with. Enter this cool adapter from Amazon: amzn.com/B004OGXY72

It's shown in action below. Now I can carry something really useful instead of the power cord. Tequila, for example.

Best to all,

Peter

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

(my first post, pls. forgive if it's all wrong :) )

I had an old iPad charger with detachable power adapter which I didn't use. It doesn't look as smooth as this one, but he adapter fits perfectly!

I was just gonna mention this.  It works just fine, but this thing actually kinda looks like it was supposed to come with our charger.  Plus it's cheap!

I use microUSB charger

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Chargeur-Batterie-USB-NP-W126-pour-Fuji-Fujifilm-X-E1-X-E2-X-M1-X-Pro1-/321326137539?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_71&hash=item4ad087c0c3

no need to have any extra cable, just the same as for my phone and other gadgets. Hope next Fuji X cameras (like Sony or Samsung) will have feature to be charged directly via USB (3.X hopefully) port :) 

Thanks to all for some great comments about the battery chargers. Vladimir, definitely agree direct charging via USB would be great.

The cool thing is the charger is compatible with different figure-8 adapters, as used by Apple; here's another one if you don't like the plug-the-whole-thing-on-the-wall idea: amzn.com/B000BSLS0W

Cheers, Peter

I got a micro USB charger from Amazon for $9. I think the brand was oaproda. These are much better for travelling. Apart from the saving is bulk and weight they are also useful coupled with a USB hub since most hotel rooms are less than generous with plug sockets. And if you're really stuck you can recharge from a battery pack.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I just use the short 30cm extension from HP printer power packs. I seem to go through them fast so no shortage for the chargers!

So, you can just plug a usb charger in to the camera and continue shooting? Sweet, will have to test this, thanks.