1 reply to this topic

#1 rafikiphoto

rafikiphoto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:07 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Of particular interest to Fujifilm C1P users, apart from general performance boosts and new sharpening algorithms, is, finally, auto masking for X files! :)

• signore rossi likes this

#2 Kubul

Kubul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 12:18 AM

Of particular interest to Fujifilm C1P users, apart from general performance boosts and new sharpening algorithms, is, finally, auto masking for X files! :)

I have upgraded already and to be honest, it is costly upgrade in comparison to what new features / improvements are there. So what's new?
- Three step sharpening - nice. Gives more control. But I don't think it is a game changer.
- Output proofing - this one is really nice as mitigates guesswork and improves the ability to get what you really want and not what would appear on it's own.
- Camera focus tool - does not work with Fuji cameras.
- Tangent panel support - I don't think I would buy any.
- Supercharged LCC creation - does not work with Fuji cameras' files.
- Folder merging in catalogs - actually it is full ability to create catalogs, merge and move catalogs and move files between catalogs - something I was really waiting for.
- Filter by orientation - nice.
- Automask for all - for me it means "for Fuji"- very nice.
- Improved sRAW and mRAW support - I don't care.
- Apple script extended - I don't use Mac so I don't care. And probably 90% of Mac users also don't care.
- High prformance engine - well, is it really so much faster? Maybe, but only in some tasks. The database itself is still slow - filtering 25k of photos takes lots of time comparing to Lightroom.

So yes, I use C1P, upgraded to the newest version, I really enjoy developing Fuji RAWs, but still lots of work to be done by programmers.
  • signore rossi likes this

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close