Adobe Portfolio?

John W

I've been debating whether to upgrade my Lightroom 5 via the boxed version, or to subscribe to the Creative Cloud photography plan.  One of the advantages of Creative Cloud is the Adobe Portfolio service, where you can quickly throw together a website of your photography.

I was just messing around with it and it was really, really slow and unresponsive when building and viewing a portfolio.  It could be on account of using it in a sort of demo mode without subscribing, or maybe it's always like that?  

Does anyone here use it and do you find it unresponsive when building a website?  How about when you (or others) just visit your portfolio website?  Is it also extremely slow when navigating it?  If it's as slow as I just experienced you would not want to send anyone there to look at it because it would be just plain embarrasing.

My internet speed is pretty snappy so I don't think that's the problem...

I use Smugmug, the service is good and usually speedy. Startup on a HD(2k) video can be poky but everything photo is fast. They also help you with copyright management etc. and yes it does cost money.

I have tried several software and hardware vendors "Cloud" offers and can tell you that I plan on keeping software and storage separate. I think software companies will continue to budget bandwidth based on sales as it is the only way to stay in business.