Nikon flashes and Yongnuo triggers with an XT-2

JD79

Hello guys,

I am currently using a Nikon D7100 with the SB-910/700 flashes and the Yongnuo YN-622N transmitter and receivers, usually controlling the power of the flashes in manual mode. Would it be possible to use the same flash/trigger combo on an XT-2 ?

If not, could you recommend another option for wireless triggering of the Nikon flashes, with a  possibility to remotely set the flash power ?

Could a combination of YN560-TX/RF-603N II work ?

Also, would it be possible to trigger the YN-622N TX from an X-T2 by attaching it to a roboshoot MX-20 transmitter via its hot shoe mount ?

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

I have used the XT2 and SB910/SB700, along with YN622N-Tx and Rx units, they work fine in the manual mode, though I am unable to remotely set the power of the flashes.

Tried several experiments and combinations of modes, but couldn't get it set the power remotely.

• 1 month later...

I've been looking into this recently too, wondering if there is a magic (and cheap!) fix to get off camera flash with adjustable power using some cheap Chinese tech.  I recently switched to Fuji from Nikon and I really don't want to buy more flashes as I already own an SB80 and SB700.  A while ago I got a really cheap trigger/reciever set (cowboy studio I think) and they've never let me down.  Last weekend I tried them on my X-T1/SB80 and they worked perfectly.  But I really want to adjust flash power from the camera (or top of the camera as the case may be) so I've been trying to find a solution.  So far it looks like a set of Cactus V6 II's are the way to go.  The only hesitation is that they are a little spendy compared to Yungnuo YN622 TX/RX set...but the more I read about the latter the less it looks like those will work reliably with the Fuji/Nikon combo.  Can anyone comment on this, or my particular set up?

• 5 years later...