Why wasn't full frame mentioned in poll?

Wolfshark

Why wasn't Full Frame mentioned in any of the poll questions?

I know it's what I want to see from Fuji more than anything, it's always brought up on forums and has been since day 1 of the x100. The support for Fuji to make a FF seem overwhelming.

And with the recent news of FF A7 cameras sending Sony's mirrorless sales way up...

And Leica dropping a FF with fixed lens next week...

It just seems relevant.

The world is waiting for a FF x100!

(And Ideally one with a fast 50mm :) )

While the Sony is great, it's also more expensive.....not too sure I like to see Fujifilm getting more expensive than it is now.

Just spoke to someone who jumped the wagon from Canon dslr to an A7s. 2 things, expensive glass and still can't chase his kiddos. It's the only system where he felt he had to adapt and still trying to. :unsure:

FF or not it doesn't matter to me but 24mpix may be good.

Not to mention all of the Sony Mirrorless are full frame.  That is where Sony has chose to invest.  Fuji chose the APS-C and they are developing an entire line of lenses on this sensor size.  Sony is doing the same for full frame.

I looked into the A7 series before I bought my X-T1 and settled on the X-T1 (naturally) because of glass, cost, size, and Fuji's great ability and willingness to respond to their customer base.  The Sony's are very nice though, and I know there are a lot of photographers who use and love the A7's...

Just spoke to someone who jumped the wagon from Canon dslr to an A7s. 2 things, expensive glass and still can't chase his kiddos. It's the only system where he felt he had to adapt and still trying to. :unsure:

Well the A7S isn't really good at "fast" moving subject, a lot things were sacrificed to the low light capability, image resolution being one and auto focus speed being the second. In really dark conditions it's second to none but that's certainly not a body I would take for "generic" shooting, specially not kids.

Heck, with my active son even the 35mm prime on X-T1 has focusing speed issues, a lot of time he is blurry if you look closely.

I've been a professional photographer for 15 years (and keen amateur for 20 years before that) and the A7s is the first camera I've ever used that I didn't immediately know how to operate. Canon, Fuji, Nikon are all easy - Sony is altogether different.

Personally, I don't care if it's got amazing image quality, the user interface just didn't work for me. Compare that with Fuji, which I picked up for the first time and was instantly engaged and able to use and it's like chalk and cheese.

Moving to a crop camera was something I never thought I'd do - I'd resisted digital until the full frame 5D came out, but I find the ability to shoot wide open with perfect sharpness compensates for the lower DOF. I'll be happy if Fuji concentrate on making the most of the crop sensor, perhaps with a higher MP camera plus a lower noise version at current MP count in the future.

Well the A7S isn't really good at "fast" moving subject, a lot things were sacrificed to the low light capability, image resolution being one and auto focus speed being the second. In really dark conditions it's second to none but that's certainly not a body I would take for "generic" shooting, specially not kids.

Heck, with my active son even the 35mm prime on X-T1 has focusing speed issues, a lot of time he is blurry if you look closely.

I know what you mean. You're fortunate you have the X-T1. I'm on the X-Pro1!.....it's easier to ask my kiddo to stay still or pose! :lol:

Not to mention all of the Sony Mirrorless are full frame.  That is where Sony has chose to invest.  Fuji chose the APS-C and they are developing an entire line of lenses on this sensor size.  Sony is doing the same for full frame.

I looked into the A7 series before I bought my X-T1 and settled on the X-T1 (naturally) because of glass, cost, size, and Fuji's great ability and willingness to respond to their customer base.  The Sony's are very nice though, and I know there are a lot of photographers who use and love the A7's...

I absolutely love the files from the A7s.....it's really very good.

Perhaps when processor speed moves up a notch or two......

I did the same too before I picked up the X-Pro1.

Looks like the new LEICA Q is going to give the Sony a run for its money.....well, almost the same amount of money, give or take a thousand or two...

I've been a professional photographer for 15 years (and keen amateur for 20 years before that) and the A7s is the first camera I've ever used that I didn't immediately know how to operate. Canon, Fuji, Nikon are all easy - Sony is altogether different.

Personally, I don't care if it's got amazing image quality, the user interface just didn't work for me. Compare that with Fuji, which I picked up for the first time and was instantly engaged and able to use and it's like chalk and cheese.

Moving to a crop camera was something I never thought I'd do - I'd resisted digital until the full frame 5D came out, but I find the ability to shoot wide open with perfect sharpness compensates for the lower DOF. I'll be happy if Fuji concentrate on making the most of the crop sensor, perhaps with a higher MP camera plus a lower noise version at current MP count in the future.

Yeah, spot on. No interest in returning to FF, could do with some extra resolution, 24mp should about do it. That said, if they brought out a high resolution version for lower ISO operation for studio work, I'd be up for one of those as well!

I like the developments Sony are making, I just couldn't go back to them though. I've seen some of their test shots with lenses wide open and they don't really compare to Fuji. Stepped down a touch and they are awesome but the controls and menu diving..... no, just no!