Fujifilm Will Announce a “Never Rumored Before” X-series Camera in 2016!

Patrick FR

X marks the spot and and stand for mystery.

The most enticing bit of the quizzical standoff in the power balance between releasing a rumor and keeping it secret, in which we will live until all will be revealed, is the definition: “ a camera never rumored before"

We have had rumors on the X-T20 and the rumors on the X3 have been there for even longer. So it would be either something that few were really waiting for, The X-T2 silver for example ( a way to make an expensive camera even more expensive ...), or something completely and entirely new.

Great expectations can easily turn into disappointments, so I am not expecting anything.

I would have thought the obvious gap in the fuji ensemble is a compact camera with a good fixed zoom and a more serious sensor - like the Sony RX100 or the Pana LX100 (But better of course).

I reckon a 1" sensor would do.  Small and compoact but able to take quality pics.

Edited by Jayreg

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I would have thought the obvious gap in the fuji ensemble is a compact camera with a good fixed zoom and a more serious sensor - like the Sony RX100 or the Pana LX100 (But better of course).

I reckon a 1" sensor would do.  Small and compoact but able to take quality pics.

If Fuji wants to go this route, the most obvious thing to do would be to stick a zoom lens on the x70 ^_^

really unbelievable these marketing mechanics.

Fuji loses everywhere in the world in the cheaper camera segment, targeted to the entry level amateur and as a family camera, with the exception of the South East Asia where they apparently sell loads of these selfie oriented camera.  Frankly speaking I can’t understand which are the reasons to use a proper camera to take mostly selfies but they must see it.

Cameras ownership within this public in the rest of the world is very low because these people tend to shoot everything with their phones. I am not sure whether in Thailand  ( and the rest of SE Asia) this might be different due to particular socio-political situations. Fact is that it is a unique phenomenon in cameras world.

How cheap we shall see. So this will be practically the same as the X-A2?

16Mp, no touchscreen and dirt cheap. The XA ( 1 & 2 ) series was totally irrelevant to the Fuji Sales in Europe and the North and south America, Australia & NZ. In the NL the “ serious” camera shops didn’t even sell it and most were only able to purchase one from on line sellers.

Many bought the forebears of these new camera because they came with two kit zooms ( 16-50 and 55-230mm) at a cost lower than the sum of the cost of the lenses getting the camera as a bonus and many were, then, resold at a pittance ( although some people actually discovered that they liked the sensor more than the X-Trans).

I predict that only selling this camera in a kit with some very cheap but desirable lens ( as it previously happened) will give the camera a chance. In every other respect this will be a totally irrelevant camera for us in Europe or the North and South America, Australia & NZ.

In these countries the minority of the people whom still use cameras to take pictures ( unfortunately the majority has abandoned the use of cameras altogether) seem to want a different type of camera. Cheper models do very badly and only more expensive ones fly off the shelf. X-Pro2 and X-T2 were  and are still sold like hot cakes as soon as they showed up, mostly bought by people whom already owned previous expensive models all of whom ( with few exceptions, including yours truly) will be landing on the secondhand pile the moment they realize that  they never use the old “ back-up” camera.

Can we still guess ? The A10 not that exiting.

I dream of a Fujifilm X-mobile1, with android to replace my Google Nexus6 and worldclass camera inside( so no xmount ofcourse, but mini xtrans) and all software for photo imaginable.

Big storage and sdcard.

Kodak is on their way now with Ektra for 449 $ in december.

Sent from my Nexus 6 mobile

The Fuji mountain has just given birth to a mouse, but again they generally know their onions and have produced this targeted to a special market which seems to favor a cheap camera over the smart-phone options.

Why that is is not clear to me, apparently Fuji has identified that that particular market has a large amount of female customers whom are particularly attracted to the Fuji shape and colors. It is not even that those Fuji cameras are cheap over there because, all things considered, they are very expensive compared to the average earnings of the Thai population.

I don’t think that the “ Kodak” ( well, the British company which bought the brand really...) formula of an Android phone pretending to be a camera is going to win over the same kind of customers who buy X  cameras.

Horse for courses.

Kodak-Ektra-Cover-def-1000x600.jpg

The X-A10 seems reasonable to me. Some areas in the world have lower price points for the same target group. Being able to buy into the Fujifilm X line could be seen as a status symbol and sales of low-cost X-mount bodies to people unable or unwilling to purchase a high-end body also should help lens sales, which were probably also being affected by price-point.

I do wonder, though, if this new X-A10 could also be a combination of X-E#, X-A#, and X#0 as an attempt to aggregate entry-level products. Fujifilm will be thinking of lens sales, after all. The X100# and X#0 lines did not have interchangeable lenses so perhaps they did not do enough to encourage upgrading to MILCs.

I doubt the low and midrange will merge, I expect Fuji to keep the following for a while

Flagship Range Finder - X-Pro x line
​Flagship SLR shape - X-Tx line
​Midrange - X-Tx0 (maybe X-Ex for a while)

Entry level - X-Ax

New Value level X-Ax0

Edited by Tikcus

well they made an x10 an x20 an x30 ..... who knows .... who knows the mind of fuji?

'

there making dslr style apsc    theyre making rangefinder styles to put leica to shame.... can you say medium format ....

hopefully theres a little love left 

honestly nikon and canon and sony and and panasonic  are making enthusiast compacts  with 1 inch sensors 

will they never make one ...?   well i think they will ...

. fuji makes cameras for enthusiasts

canon makes cameras  for the herd

nikon makes camera for the old school

panasonic makes cameras for the daring 

ony one of the above  isn't making 1 inch sensor cameras, but is the one  that should

it will go in the successor to the x30

Edited by cosinaphile

I am afraid that wishful thinking is not a good advisor.

Sentimental reasons don’t inspire Fuji into camera making and certainly not into making cameras which are actually making them a loss ( which was the case with the series X-10-20-30 ).

Fuji is a company, with a large number of shareholders seeking to see a return over their investment, they make camera to sell them, if they don’t sell them they quickly re-thing their strategy. Pull models from the market ( as they did in a quick movement X-30 ) when they are not producing satisfactory sales.

The new camera which they “ announced” via the rumors, appears to be a tuned down version of the XA-3 the XA-10, in no way shape or form connected with the X-10-20-30 series.

http://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-x-a10-specs-leaked-16mp-no-touch-screen-and-cheap/

They expect to sell this camera in the far east and especially in Thailand, its forerunners did very well there and very bad in the rest of the world.

Despite their good sales of the X-T2, overall the company sold less this last financial year than before. They are putting this into a perspective and saying that it has to do with a weak yen , which dos play a role.

But the reality is that there are not too many (aside from X-T2 buyers) who are buying new cameras or cameras “ tout court”. The whole of the photographic sector is in steady decline with the exception of the more “ professional” models. In particular the mirrorless generation has given new élan to the sector but  overall, photography is in a rough spot.

http://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-presents-financial-results-fiscal-year-20173-2nd-quarter-fujifilm-x-t2-sold-well/

On cameras and where they are at now, careful very long video...

@https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGp3JXKtHBM

lots of good info , but i cannot believe  fuji will not have an enthusiast zoom compact with an evf.....its unthinkable to me 

my point isnt about sentimentality but rather a market segment fuji has yet to dive into that panny sony nikon and canon all explore

i inch compacts

fuji has distinguished itself in the enthusiast sector  part of that corporate mentality and direction is to serve one of the few remaining  categories of cameras ,.....the enthusiast zoom compact   ... i believe fuji will continue to offer a counterpoint to cameras like the sony i inch compacts , now in their 5th iteration 

Edited by cosinaphile