Battery life problem

Johnj830

Went to the Atlanta Botanical Garden today with my X-T2 (grip installed) and 18-55 to see the Chihuly works there. Batteries were fully charged last night, so grabbed the camera and set off.

After about 3 hours and approximately 40 shots the camera was showing that both grip batteries were fully discharged and the camera battery was at about 50%. ???

When I got home I put the batteries on the charger. The first grip battery showed fully charged in <10 minutes. The second took a bit longer. The camera battery showed charged after about 2 minutes. There is no way the batteries charged that quickly. It took over an hour to charge each of them the first time.

Frustrated and wondering what's up. Got some good photos though.

• 5 months later...

The power indicator is inaccurate when i use the power boost grip.It shows that both batteries are fully discharged .I close the camera ,i take out the bar with the two batteries ,place it again and then it shows them fully charged.Really weird and can't understand why they didn't fix it with a firmware update.

Edited by Vasilis

• 1 month later...

I have exactly the same problem !! The batteries in the power boost grip are fully charged as indicated by charge lights going off and the charge indicator on the camera. If I then do not use the camera for a day or two the batteries in the boost show as discharged. If I remove them and immediately reinsert they now show as fully charged. However if I immediately plug the charger into the grip the charge lights are on for over an hour.

This is causing me major uncertainty as to what state the batteries really are. Is the problem a charging issue, a camera reporting issue or a battery defect ??

The batteries are the NPW126S model.

I have exactly the same problem !! The batteries in the power boost grip are fully charged as indicated by charge lights going off and the charge indicator on the camera. If I then do not use the camera for a day or two the batteries in the boost show as discharged. If I remove them and immediately reinsert they now show as fully charged. However if I immediately plug the charger into the grip the charge lights are on for over an hour.

This is causing me major uncertainty as to what state the batteries really are. Is the problem a charging issue, a camera reporting issue or a battery defect ??

The batteries are the NPW126S model.

Does it show the batteries fully discharged (red batt. indicator)?

I never remove the batteries from the grip and haven't noticed such behaviour. They do go down by few percentage for few days. I will check what is the charge when I get home . Last time I charged them was perhaps a week ago and played with the camera few times, not much.

I do not keep / use a battery in the camera body. Only 2 in the grip. I do not want to remove the grip to get that battery out and I do not like the idea to charge the battery inside the body.

Ok, I just checked my camera. L battery shows 3 bars and R has full 5 bars. Both are were charged about a week ago and have been sitting in the battery grip. I have no battery in the camera body.

Are you using original Fujifilm 126S?