• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tuck4x4

tuck4x4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 11:04 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)
Does anyone have any experience with this? Its happened 3 times recently. 

I will be using a lens, say my 18-55, and then go to change to my 55-200 and the 55-200 will not fit onto the camera body. I will try and attach it but it does not go into the xmount flush. 

I then reattach the 18-55mm and it fits perfectly. I then take a picture or two and try again and after a few attempts, suddenly the other lens will attach perfectly. 

It has happened with both the 18-55 and the 50-200. I have not noticed any difference in quality. 

#2 Aswald

Aswald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 07:12 AM

No. I haven't had this experience. Unusual.

#3 MartinP

MartinP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 09:00 PM

the only reason i can think of why it would behave that way is if one of the lenses were stored in a warm place and the camera was out in the cold, causing the mounting mouth possibly shrink.

#4 frod

frod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 09:18 PM

Do you have a half case on?

The aperture ring is for composing in the third dimension, not removing it!

#5 Ranjan

Ranjan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:16 PM

Does anyone have any experience with this? Its happened 3 times recently. 

I will be using a lens, say my 18-55, and then go to change to my 55-200 and the 55-200 will not fit onto the camera body. I will try and attach it but it does not go into the xmount flush. 

I then reattach the 18-55mm and it fits perfectly. I then take a picture or two and try again and after a few attempts, suddenly the other lens will attach perfectly. 

It has happened with both the 18-55 and the 50-200. I have not noticed any difference in quality. 

I noticed with the pancake 27 mm that it was tighter than my other Fuji lenses when installed. So there seems to be a bit of manufacturing tolerance variation between different lenses and individual pieces. The focus ring on the pancake 27 is noticeably tighter too for manual focusing, but that is not the case with other lenses. Again, individual piece variation. In the published reviews some found the focus ring tight, others found it right and some even loose. Focus is sharp so no problems. If your lens is not seating in, then there could be some issues with it.

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close