Will x-t2 improve autofocus speed on slower lens?

EBC811

Hi, I currently own x-t10 and a few lenses.  One of the lenses I really like is XC 50-230mm but it has terrible autofocusing speed.  I only use it during the day since

autofocus is very frustrating in low light.  I read X-T2 will have improved autofocusing and does that translate into better performance with xc 50-230mm?

thank you for your input. :D

Only to a certain point, some older lenses have a large lens group to move, this will remain relatively slow as it's the motor inside the lens that takes time to move, but the newer sensor will improve the accuracy and reduce the hunting.

But don't expect your 35 F1.4 to be as fast one of the lenses with linear motors, that is still not going to happen.

You are probably right about the linear motor. With the 35, I did perceive a quicker lock on than before on the Pro2. This makes it seem it is faster to be able to press the shutter to take the shot.

I took the slowest focusing xf lenses and coupled it with the Pro2. The difference is quite significant compared to my Pro1 and a friend's T1.

Lenses were the 60, 56, 35 and the 55-200.

The 60 snapped into focus quicker than I'm used to. I've had good success with the 56 on the go kart and the 55-200 was very quick too with birds. The 35 is still as noisy but hunt less and was more decisive.

I'm not sure how close is the AF performance of the T10 compared to the T2 but I highly suspect it will be trumped over.

I've had a try on the T2 for about an hour and I can say that the AF is much better than the Pro2.

Edited by Aswald

I'd really like to know this regarding the 56mm 1.2. I recently got one for my X-T10 and I have to admit as fantastic as the image quality is, I found the autofocus performance a bit disappointing. Even with a reasonable sized focus point it still hunts a lot. If the performance is noticeably improved on an X-T2 then it may sway me to look at upgrading. 

Edited by BodKat