• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 fleckintosh

fleckintosh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:27 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Hello!

Here is a completely reworked, refined Set of ICC Profiles for Capture One, made for X-T1. It matches the In-Camera Filmsimulations much better than the original Set, which I posted last October here

Another Set, made for X-Pro2, Incl. ACROS ICC Profiles, is also included in this post. I renamed them to have an alternative Option for my X-T1. These ICC are slightly different, Blacks & Shadows & Colors are more decent. 

Enjoy!

Dropbox-Download

Attached Files

• FX Admin, Saibot, 155er and 5 others like this

#2 Memento

Memento

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:19 AM

OMG, the real deal! Thank you very much, Michael!

#3 hifimacianer

hifimacianer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 08:33 AM

@fleckintosh

Thank you, such a great News!  I will try them when I am back home from work today!

#4 155er

155er

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationVienna/Austria

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:44 AM

Hello!

Here is a completely reworked, refined Set of ICC Profiles for Capture One, made for X-T1. It matches the In-Camera Filmsimulations much better than the original Set, which I posted last October here

Another Set, made for X-Pro2, Incl. ACROS ICC Profiles, is also included in this post. I renamed them to have an alternative Option for my X-T1. These ICC are slightly different, Blacks & Shadows & Colors are more decent. 

Enjoy!

Dropbox-Download

Thanks a lot for your fine work!

#5 Bud

Bud

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationDoylestown, PA, USA

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:51 PM

I don't see the profiles to download for the X-Pro2. Can you direct me to them? Thanks for sharing.

Bud James

www.budjames.photography

• karin.gottschalk likes this

#6 crutonix

crutonix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:45 PM

Awesome! 

This may revert me back to shooting RAW only which is less time consuming when editing and whatnot. I just like Classic Chrome but interested how Acros will look with my X-T10 and X-E1 images.

Attached Files

#7 crutonix

crutonix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:15 PM

Strange. I get an error message when importing. Did you import under Import or Show Package Contents and drag to a particular folder?

#8 rckstflbn

rckstflbn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:28 PM

Not finding any Xpro2 versions of the SImulations as mentioned in the top post.

#9 tombracht

tombracht

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:57 PM

Hi there,

Thanks a lot for this update! 

What exactly is the colour space of these profiles? The Dropbox folder is named ARGB so I assume these are in Adobe RGB. The Monochrome profiles however are labelled sRGB so I assume that's their colour space. Can you advise please?

Many thanks,

Tom

#10 BreylPhoto2

BreylPhoto2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 04:27 PM

@crutonix:

Installing icc profiles:

http://blog.phaseone...ther-computers/

In Capture One use the tool "Base Characteristic" to select the desired profile.

Cheers,

Robin

#11 WalterH

WalterH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 04:38 PM

This is just stunning. I've relied upon your previous Profiles and these (from what I've seen) only improve. Thank you!

Particularly, I appreciate the lightened shadows of the X-Pro2 CC profile as my one lament has been the heaviness of the shadows of earlier CC profiles. So this is so great!

Also, if folks are having any crashing or hanging issues once the profiles are loaded, make sure you are on the latest version of Capture One. Solved it for me.

#12 sergiocruzing

sergiocruzing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 06:22 PM

@fleckintosh,

thank you so much ! just did my first ACROS conversion from a RAF file i took with my X-E2 and also converted another one using the new Classic Chrome, both look amazing !

#13 fleckintosh

fleckintosh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:24 PM

For all of you, struggling how to import them into Capture One:

Copy them to Macintosh HD/Library/ColorSync/Profiles

Restart Capture One. You will find them in Base Characteristics.

The Import Process in Capture One will not work, because they are not made with Capture One itself.

This mighty be the reason why Capture One will freeze for some time at the beginning. Don't close the App. Just wait. It seems to take some time. 

• Brandmeyer likes this

#14 fleckintosh

fleckintosh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:35 PM

... and the X-Pro 2 Files have the Name in the End. if you want to use them for X-Pro2, rename them, so that they are recognized for X-Pro2. I renamed them to X-T1 so that i can use them directly with my camera. ... ;)

#15 jclone

jclone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 10:09 PM

Thanks for this!

Could you elaborate on what is different on these compared to the Scottie Wang original version?

I mostly see differences in the highlights, that's why I am curious since you mention changes in shadows.

Also, the icc for X-Pro 2 are 5 times smaller than XT-1. Any reason why?

#16 Brandmeyer

Brandmeyer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:58 PM

First: Thank you very much! Very nice job!
And best of all – it works better now ...

This mighty be the reason why Capture One will freeze for some time at the beginning. Don't close the App. Just wait. It seems to take some time. 

I have this issue every time after I restart CO9 on my old Mac Pro ... but the the time CO freezes is now about 20 to 30 seconds ... with the old Profiles it could take up to 5 minutes ... so I didn’t use them often ...

#17 Froschphoto

Froschphoto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationWestern US

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:14 AM

@fleckintosh,

thank you so much ! just did my first ACROS conversion from a RAF file i took with my X-E2 and also converted another one using the new Classic Chrome, both look amazing !

You just answered for me, if anyone has tried them with an X-E2.

#18 Ario

Ario

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 09:12 AM

An easy way to rename the profiles and use them afterwards is as follows:

Copy the profiles in the Color Sync Folder (Mac)

Apply the desired profile to a picture taken with the selected camera (X-Pro2 for instance) from Base Characteristics/ICC Profiles/Fuji/XT-1

Open the Advanced Color editor

Save as Icc profile giving a useful name (the correct camera name is already there)

The profiles saved in such a way will be immediately  available under Base Characteristics and a preview will be also available going with the mouse over the profile name.

• Saibot and SKHUES like this

#19 magnesi

magnesi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:28 PM

Hello!

Here is a completely reworked, refined Set of ICC Profiles for Capture One, made for X-T1. It matches the In-Camera Filmsimulations much better than the original Set, which I posted last October here.

Enjoy!

Dropbox-Download

Fleckintosh,

I just want to say a huge thank you to you for these. The profiles really are fabulous. Ive tried them on my X-E2 images and even the Acros profiles for the X-pro2 look great. Classic Chrome is also a huge improvement.

Can't wait to spend more time trying them out.

Thanks again

#20 fleckintosh

fleckintosh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 07:08 PM

Thanks for this!

Could you elaborate on what is different on these compared to the Scottie Wang original version?

I mostly see differences in the highlights, that's why I am curious since you mention changes in shadows.

Also, the icc for X-Pro 2 are 5 times smaller than XT-1. Any reason why?

1. These X-T1 Profiles were made by Scottie Wang, too! I spend some time with him, to improve the X-T1 profiles. It is some kind of "bug fixes" for the original ICC. We tried to improve the things that vary from the In-Camera Profiles, to make them closer too.

2. The changes in shadows were meant by X-Pro2 Profiles. These are made for X-Pro2. if you apply them to X-T1 .raf files as I did, they are different. Because X-Pro2 is a next Generation Camera with improved EVERYTHING. 

3. I don't have any idea! XD

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close