Fuji X-T10 - intervalometer, unwanted long delays between shots

mijes

Hi Fuji lovers,

I apologise if this has been asnwered already, but I have problem using both either built-in or 3rd party intervalometers.

I was out last night trying to capture som startrails for the first time and I noticed that the delay between each shot I took was approximately 1:1 to the exposure time value I set on my Fuji X-T10. For example I would set 3rd party off brand chinese intervalometer "Shoot" with the following:

DELAY: 2s (delay between pressing the shutter button and camera actually opening the shutter)

LONG: 35s (how long the shutter should stay open)

INTVL: 2s (as I understand this should be actual time setting between each shot taken)

N: -- (number of pictures to take, infinity in this case)

Camera in MANUAL mode, BULB, tungsten WB, ISO1600, RAW+JPEG, Single Shot mode, latest firmware.

SanDisk Extreme Pro SDHC UHS-I card.

When the first picture was taken the camera would open the shutter, time would pass, then close the shutter and start "processing" the image and little square like loading circle appeared in the middle of the screen. This "processing" would take somewhere around 32seconds and only after that the camera would take yet another shot. I tried it with different LONG settings (5s, 10s, 45s) and the delay was always almost identical to the exposure time value.

Another thing I noticed when I was out playing with the setting (and getting frustrated at this point) was that when I set exposure time to lets say 45s, camera would take the shot, started the whole "processing" thing, then open the shutter for 3.7s, close the shutter again, and only after that 3.7s shot open it again for another 45s shot. So when looking at the pictures in sequence as they were captured I would have stars, dark frame, stars, dark frame,...

Is there some setting in X-T10 that I missed? Is this normal when taking long exposure pictures?

Thanks for any advice.

Second question: long exposure noise reduction. Set it to off if you don't want it.

OH MY GOD! Such a rookie mistake. I knew I was missing something.

Thank you johant! I just tested it out in a dark room. Seems to work great. Delay worked as I set it in intervalometer.

• 7 months later...