• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Tuze5000

Tuze5000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:55 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Hi Hendrik,

Fantastic pictures.

Do you change the Astia Film Simulation settings for Color, Sharpness, Highlight and Shadow, or leave all at "0". Thanks ?

Antonio

#22 HendrikOsula

HendrikOsula

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 10:26 PM

Hi Hendrik,

Fantastic pictures.

Do you change the Astia Film Simulation settings for Color, Sharpness, Highlight and Shadow, or leave all at "0". Thanks ?

Antonio

Hi! Thank you!

Yes, I have Color, sharpness and Shadow +1 and Highlights -1.

Fujifilm X-Photographer from Estonia. http://fujifilm-x.co...hendrik-osula/ 

X-T2 • X-T1 • XF14/2,8 • XF18/2 • XF23/1,4 • XF35/1,4 • XF56/1,2 • XF90/2,0 • XF50-140/2,8

#23 Iansky

Iansky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:37 AM

Some fantastic photos here and great to see the X-Pro2 stood tall amongst all the large heavy beasts.

I bet there were a few XT2's around and about with X Photographers and no doubt the images will appear soon.

Your images prove that you do not need the large heavy Canikons to get good shots and I suspect we will see more Pro's shooting Fuji.

#24 HendrikOsula

HendrikOsula

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 03:37 PM

Some fantastic photos here and great to see the X-Pro2 stood tall amongst all the large heavy beasts.I bet there were a few XT2's around and about with X Photographers and no doubt the images will appear soon.Your images prove that you do not need the large heavy Canikons to get good shots and I suspect we will see more Pro's shooting Fuji.

Thanks! It really did and I bet that next firmware update will help it get even better in AF department. About x-t2, I saw two photographers who had each one of those beasts there. I will be receiving my test version when I get back home and will cover Summer biathlon World Championships with both X-T2 and X-Pro2, so will compare them in another thread!

While comparing X-Pro2 to Canikons as you pointed out, I'd have to confess that few years ago I wasn't too convinced that mirrorless can some day rival with my good old DSLR, but after my experience with Fujis and espacially after the Olympics, I'm more than certain that one day mirrorless is ready to make Pros sell their huge rollerbags (as the one I'm using to lug around my Canons) and buy some messenger bags for all their equipment. At the moment there are some shortcomings which I found. Main one is that the batteries don't last. As shooting sports, you have to use high performance settings, so batteries dies after hundred- twohundred shots. I had 4 full batteries and three chargers with me and there were days when I had to put my Fuji away, because I had no juice left. Fuji really needs to raise their game in battery department. Other thing beside batteries, which is still lacking behind DSLRs is Autofocus. It has gone better a lot in recent years, but still it misses much more that my 1DX, so for those crucial hit or miss shots you still can't rely purely on fuji. And third and the most important thing is lack of longer faster telephoto lenses. My longest one was 50-140, but for track and field for example (at least for Olympics), you need a lot longer lenses. So till they don't have at least 300/2,8 or 400/4 type of lens, Fuji can't really approach full time sports pros as a main camera. For backup or second body as I had it with me, Fuji is doing great job!

As I said before, I will be testing out X-T2 and hope that it fixes atleast problem nr 2 and will let you know what I think about it! If you still have any questions, just let me know!

X-T2 • X-T1 • XF14/2,8 • XF18/2 • XF23/1,4 • XF35/1,4 • XF56/1,2 • XF90/2,0 • XF50-140/2,8

#25 Tuze5000

Tuze5000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:19 PM

Hi Hendrik,

This is Antonio again.

I am really enjoying looking at your pictures. I grew up in Rio and your pictures show not only the athletes, but a bit of the city as well.

You are a brave man to walk up "Alemao"; even me being a Brazilian and speaking fluently Portuguese never being there. LOL

Sorry to bother you one more time; do you mind to share your "Film Simulation" settings for ProNegHi and ClassicChrome; as far as Color, Sharpness, Highlight Tone and Shadow Tone?

Thank you very much,

Antonio

#26 Puma Cat

Puma Cat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:07 PM

Hendrik, really great photos from Rio. I enjoying see all of them. Your particular look to your images is distinctive and compelling. And the Fuii color really comes through. I've got an X-T2 on preorder here in the USA. I do pro motorsports photojournalism for a motor racetrack in Northern California, and hope to have it in hand in time for the last motor race I will be shooting this year, Indy Car at Sonoma Raceway. 

I've been using my X-T1 for some of my race action photography, and am looking forward to the increased capabilities of the X-T2. 

A couple images from last year's race. 

Arrow%20Team%20Bus%20Stop%20Sat%20AM.jpg

Avaya-T10.jpg

Cheers,

Stephen

Edited by Puma Cat, 22 August 2016 - 10:08 PM.

#27 HendrikOsula

HendrikOsula

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:33 AM

Hi Hendrik,

This is Antonio again.

I am really enjoying looking at your pictures. I grew up in Rio and your pictures show not only the athletes, but a bit of the city as well.

You are a brave man to walk up "Alemao"; even me being a Brazilian and speaking fluently Portuguese never being there. LOL

Sorry to bother you one more time; do you mind to share your "Film Simulation" settings for ProNegHi and ClassicChrome; as far as Color, Sharpness, Highlight Tone and Shadow Tone?

Thank you very much,

Antonio

Hi, Antonio,

I really liked Rio as it was a great place for street photography also! I don't know how brave I am, but I was looking for different kind of Rio and found it in Alemao. And I also had local girl with me, to be my translator. I don't mind to share my settings at all: for ProNegHi I use +1 Sharp, -1 HL, +1 Shadows, 0 Color and for CC I use +1 Sharp, 0 HL, +1 Shadows and 0 Color.  

• Brildes likes this

#28 Tuze5000

Tuze5000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 11:23 AM

Thank you Hendrik.

Yes, having a local girl helps, I married one. :)

Cheers,

Antonio

#29 sebas1430

sebas1430

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 02:28 AM

Amazing shots Hendrik! I really need to play more with film situations and setings because I really like the color/rendering of your images.

#30 tiniakos

tiniakos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:29 AM

Congratulations.
Amazing shots Hendrik!

#31 HendrikOsula

HendrikOsula

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 04:05 PM

Thank you all for your support and kind words! I am now back in Estonia and have new X-T2 in my bag. I started new topic for X-T2 and IBU Summer Biathlon World Championships, which I will be covering with it! http://www.fuji-x-fo...ionships-2016/ 

• Brildes likes this

#32 HendrikOsula

HendrikOsula

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:46 AM

And finally my photos are also uploaded to X-Photographers website: http://fujifilm-x.co.../hendrik-osula/ . So now you can see those photos in even better quality!

• Patrick FR and Brildes like this

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close