X-T1G - Flash Mode Greyed Out

RRX

Hello Fuji X Forum,

I'm a new X Series user, just joined the club today. Hello everyone...

After researching and been trying for a while, I still am not able to get the flash fired on my X-T1 Graphite Edition. The Flash Mode setting greyed out all the time.

The firmware version is 3.10 and necessary setting to get the flash to work was done accordingly including: 

Silent Mode = OFF

Shutter Type = Mechanical (I've tried with M & E with the same result)

Preview Exp. in Manual Mode = OFF

The flash EF-X8 that comes with the X-T1 was used and popped up...

Does anyone has had similar problem...?  Any suggestion or recommendation...any way that I can check if the X-T1 flash option or the EF-X8 is OK?

Thanks & Regards,

RR.

Normally this happens with silent mode enabled... but since yours is switched to off, this is not the case with your X-T1.

The Flash could not fire also because battery level is low.

The flash also doesn't work if your camera is in CH or CL modus.

I had some similar experience when I got my X-E2. It was late at night when I got it, so, not to wake the family up I put it in silent mode.

When it was time to test the flash...it did not fire. I live in Brazil and my dad brought the camera from the US for me, so, returning or fixing anything is kind of difficult. So I was sweating desperately...until I figured out that the silent mode turned off the flash.

Now, instead of silent mode, I turn the beeper volume all the way down instead. I actually never turned the beeper back on but trained myself to rely on the focus box turning green.