FUJIFILM X-T2 REVIEWS HERE

Lets bundle all X-T2 reviews here!

I've been shooting a pre-production X-T2 for the last two and a half months; taken it all over the world in a large variety of shoots.

My First look review of the X-t2 can be found here:

PART 1: http://bjornmoerman.blogspot.fr/2016/07/first-look-fujifilm-x-t2-camera-review.html

PART 2 : http://bjornmoerman.blogspot.fr/2016/07/first-look-fujifilm-x-t2-camera-review_7.html

Happy to answer questions here or through my blog above!

bjorn

Several videos by German dpa (biggest press agency here) photographer Peter Steffen:

All in German but some great stuff to see.

FUJIFILM X-T2 comparison to X-T1

FUJIFILM X-T2 Introduction

FUJIFILM X-T2 AF-C Settings

Fujifilm X-T2 Sound at 11 fps

• 1 month later...

Picked up mine today.  Didn't pre-order.  Just took a gamble and walked into the brick & mortar camera shop and asked.  They had just received their shipment and was filling pre-orders.  Was told only if there is any extra ... and there was only one. LOL   Just the right time and I got it.  :)  Will use during this weekends wedding along with my other two XT1's, but the playing with it I did today had excellent results.  Very nice feel, 1080p and 4K video is stunning.  Wicked sharp video.  The continuous autofocus during video was pretty good as well.  I liked that I could use single point autofocus and flip to video mode and press the shutter half way and lock my autofocus ... then press the rest of the way to start video recording.  That is a technique I used quite a bit on my old Nikon gear for simple video work and am glad it is back on the XT2.  

I don't have the vertical grip yet so can't comment on the boost, but found single point and multi-point phase detection auto-focus to be very quick and snappy on my 16-55/2.8.  The auto-focus point adjust with the joystick is the cat's-meow.  :)

Acros @ 6400 ISO was excellent.  

Also played with the new X500 flash for a while on my new body as the Fuji rep on site had it along with every other Fuji product.  I put the flash on the body in TTL and set my shutter and aperture/iso so that the image was underexposed by a couple of stops and walked around the camera store bouncing the flash to see power level, auto white balance results, etc.  I was pleased.  Worked great.  The flash isn't very heavy, so even though it is a bit bigger than desired, it wasn't out-of-balance on the XT2 with the 56/1.2 I was using at the time.

Unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't have tethering support yet. That's my only disappointment. I thought it would come with it right out of the box. The Fuji website says it'll come in a future firmware update. It just feels like a near-finished product without it, or they rushed it to the market. I have it on my X-T1, why not X-T2? I have a few clients coming up that requires tethering. So I guess I can't use it then. :(

I met with a Fuji rep yesterday when I picked up my XT2.  I thought he said it had wired tethering capability with wireless coming later on.  But I could be mistaken as I don't have a need for tethering in the work I do, so I wasn't closely listening to the tethering conversation.

I believe you will see info on this via this page ->  http://www.fujifilm.com/news/n160707_01.html    Just do a search for 'tethering'.

Edited by Adam Woodhouse

I'll keep my review short. It's major upgrade. Nearly everything I would have liked improved on the X-T1, has been done so. Mind you, the X-T1 is still a fine camera too.

Pro:

Autofocus is good enough now for everything I shoot.

Image quality in jpeg has been improved.

More pixels to play with.

Video is now a useable feature.

Everything I want customised is available to do so.

Feels more rugged, except for the left door which still feels flimsy...

USB charging! Yay!

That stick is a thing of joy...

*Eye autofocus gets almost unbelievable good results and is now perfectly usable and even recommended for single subjects or small groups. The newer the lens, the better it works.

*The shutter sound is like an old school film slr, it sounds just like my Nikon F4.

Con:

Flimsy door on the left.

*I still want a vertical grip, but it is too heavy and expensive.

*The back button af-on button is still too small and not in the right place.

*No real time zebras, please give us this for video and stills, like Olympus and Sony have already been doing for years...

* Little update to all of the above after prolonged use.

Edited by Tom H.

That's the page I checked. It said:

"Remote shooting with USB and Wi-Fi connectivity will be supported in a future firmware update."

I met with a Fuji rep yesterday when I picked up my XT2. I thought he said it had wired tethering capability with wireless coming later on. But I could be mistaken as I don't have a need for tethering in the work I do, so I wasn't closely listening to the tethering conversation.

I believe you will see info on this via this page -> http://www.fujifilm.com/news/n160707_01.html Just do a search for 'tethering'.

• 4 weeks later...