using front and rear dials for aperture change!!! Help...

blowabs

I am seeing on both my great X-T10s when i have an aperture ring on the lens....aperture change only happens with the ring. No aperture ring i can use the rear dial to change it.

I want to USE THIS on lenses with ap rings...allows me to shoot one-handed. [i shoot out of the car a lot and i can keep one hand on the wheel]

I used to be able to do this on my 18-55mm the first week i had it, but, not in "A" mode. Think i was P. I would even take that ---AS LONG AS i can change f-stops with the rr dial.

I Really miss this !!

ty for all of your help.....

In P mode the front and rear dials both do the same thing, alter both SS and Aperture to maintain metered exposure.

The only lenses where the rear dial can be used to change Aperture (in other modes) are the XF27, the two XC zooms

Edited by Tikcus

^ That's not quite accurate. What you're doing there is setting the camera to program mode, and then using 'program shift' to change the combination of aperture and shutter simultaneously. In theory you could combine this with exposure comp to arrive at the exact aperture and shutter control you want... but then you're actually doing more work than if you simply shot in semi-manual or full-manual control.