#21 Marc G.

Marc G.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 June 2016 - 09:01 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

You're mixing up a few things. The X-T10 is the entry level version of the X-T1. This was decided by Fuji. They obviously thought that the battery grip is a more advanced feature, suitable only for the flag ship model, so they left out the battery grip contacts. It wasn't the other way round. Fujifilm communicated this more than once. After all, they left out the ISO dial and they added the AUTO switch, a feature obviously more suited for an entry level camera. Technically, both cameras perform on an identical level but the UI is different, which makes all the difference.

And yes, I choose tools based on the factual features they offer. On the X-T1, I needed a battery grip. So even if the X-T10 was already on the market when I bought the X-T1s, I would have still gone for the X-T1 because it features the optional battery grip. Nothing funny about that, but rather rational thinking.

Besides, you're the only one who is arguing in an emotional way. Maybe you should calm down and start discussing in an objective way. Feeling offended because someone is calling your tool entry level is not the correct response.

#22 Dr.Nipun

Dr.Nipun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 09:27 PM

You're mixing up a few things. The X-T10 is the entry level version of the X-T1. This was decided by Fuji. They obviously thought that the battery grip is a more advanced feature, suitable only for the flag ship model, so they left out the battery grip contacts. It wasn't the other way round. Fujifilm communicated this more than once. After all, they left out the ISO dial and they added the AUTO switch, a feature obviously more suited for an entry level camera. Technically, both cameras perform on an identical level but the UI is different, which makes all the difference.

And yes, I choose tools based on the factual features they offer. On the X-T1, I needed a battery grip. So even if the X-T10 was already on the market when I bought the X-T1s, I would have still gone for the X-T1 because it features the optional battery grip. Nothing funny about that, but rather rational thinking.

Besides, you're the only one who is arguing in an emotional way. Maybe you should calm down and start discussing in an objective way. Feeling offended because someone is calling your tool entry level is not the correct response.

I think you are mad at me because I called you funny. Well please don't be so emotional about it. Your choice is yours. But I started this thread because I wasn't quite aware about the "contacts" fact. That's my bad. If you would have cleared it out, rather than saying some unspecific logics, it would be so smooth for everyone, isn't it? And please, don't keep blaming others. I exactly mentioned I had no problem what u call it - an entry level or beginners or whatever. Why should I be offended about that? It's a camera. Just a camera. I just wanted to know why still there were no battery grip for this camera and if people actually care for it or not.... you guys completely twisted the matter. And that is very immature. I am arguing on what? Did I say any illogical things yet? No. The way you guys responded, I felt it wasn't quite a polite approach, just like someone didn't like my u's and r's and I totally understood his opinion. There was a sense of wining among you guys to prove this is an entry level camera. Ok!!! It is an entry level. Who cares? It doesn't have any contacts for battery grip and that's all matters. End of discussion!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Edited by Dr.Nipun, 22 June 2016 - 09:29 PM.

#23 CRAusmus

CRAusmus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • LocationGeorgia or Texas...Pick one...

Posted 23 June 2016 - 03:38 AM

Professionals use the X-T10.  Doesn't matter what level the camera is.  What matters is what is the right tool for you.  That's all that matters.  The only people worried about what level of camera you are using for your craft are usually found on those web forums that center around those other brands.

It doesn't have a grip because there is no way for the grip to communicate with the camera.  That is the question asked by the OP, that is the answer provided by the community.  Fuji chose to not make available because the target market for the camera isn't the sector of the market that exactly purchases the add-ons users of the T1 series will.

Edited by CRAusmus, 23 June 2016 - 03:43 AM.

• darknj and Dr.Nipun like this
--Clinton
X70  •  X-Pro1  •  X-T1  •  14  •  27  •  35  •  60  •  55-200
InstagramFlickr

#24 Dr.Nipun

Dr.Nipun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:11 AM

Professionals use the X-T10. Doesn't matter what level the camera is. What matters is what is the right tool for you. That's all that matters. The only people worried about what level of camera you are using for your craft are usually found on those web forums that center around those other brands.

It doesn't have a grip because there is no way for the grip to communicate with the camera. That is the question asked by the OP, that is the answer provided by the community. Fuji chose to not make available because the target market for the camera isn't the sector of the market that exactly purchases the add-ons users of the T1 series will.

Thanks for yr constructive reply. :-)

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
  • CRAusmus likes this

#25 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,604 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 08:01 AM

the fact that there were no gaps is the consequence of Fuji having placed this camera in a different segment than the X-T1 not the cause

• CRAusmus likes this

the popular expression wishful thinking is an oxymoron!

Please remove the obnoxious tapatalk signature, it adds nothing to anyone’s contribution and it is only a sneaky way used by tapatalk to push their product by polluting each forum participant with promoting their products. They don’t even pay you for this! Nobody really wants to know about the brand and type of your phone or the program that you use to post on the forum.

#26 darngooddesign

darngooddesign

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:22 PM

How do you suppose a battery grip would work? It doesn't support USB charging and there are no contacts for a grip.

Edited by darngooddesign, 28 June 2016 - 05:22 PM.

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close