Issue with New Firmware for X-T10

There could well be an issue with the firmware in certain situations.

Unfortunately we do not have data from every XT-10 owner who has completed the update.

As of yet no-one else hear has reported the issue  as the issue went away after removing and replacing the battery, I would tend to think it was a local issue

perhaps the battery was not seated properly and not enough voltage was reaching the SD cards or something

​In the FAQ it recommends removing and re-inserting battery to fix temporary camera faults; I have not done the research, but perhaps removing the battery triggers a hard reset/restart in the camera

I hope it does not happen again for you, but if it does keep a record, as it could be a more serious fault specifically to your camera

My X-T1 is almost new, a few months old. I've upgraded it once before, and then nothing like this happend. The camera also work as it is supposed to. This is my third Fuji X model, and I started with Fuji X more than 3 years ago.

also new cameras, or new cards, have been known to fail.

One every so often will.

The same message from camera with 2 Cards, then I think we can forget the cards. They both worked fine i X-T1. And they both worked fine in X-T10 after I took out the battery. I have no problems with the X-T10, but I had this issue / bug after the last upgrade of firmware. The only new thing was the new firmware. I stil think it was a bug. I look forward to the next utpgrade to see if it happends again.

you are still the only person who has reported this. Unless you think that everyone is keeping “ shtum “ for fear of the Fuji secret police it really means that in all probability this was only your problem and not a common one.

But you seem to wat to hear that it was a general problem. 

OK! Sound the alarm, hurry, hurry, protect your X-T10, bugs are on the loose! Women and children first! S.O.S!

Edited by milandro

you are still the only person who has reported this. Unless you think that everyone is keeping “ shtum “ for fear of the Fuji secret police it really means that in all probability this was only your problem and not a common one.

But you seem to wat to hear that it was a general problem. 

OK! Sound the alarm, hurry, hurry, protect your X-T10, bugs are on the loose! Women and children first! S.O.S!

I had a bug relatet to the last firmware update, and all I've done is to tell about it, and tell what it looks like to mee. Why shouldn't I do that???

You most certainly should have done that, and you’ve done that with your first post.

After that at least two people told you they had updated without a problem.

Consequently no other reports were made of this particular problem on this forum ( despite over 527 views).

The suggestion mas made that it might be a problem of your camera or your card alone since nobody else seems to have had this particular problem.

So thank you for your report.

Edited by milandro

I hope I'm not off topic.

I noticed that using single point focus when I half press the shutter the EVF while is checking focus is really bright, overexposed (it's a split second however, the shot is ok). I noticed this in a very sunny day.

I always use multi point focus and when it's checking focus this issue doesn't occur (even in a very sunny day)... Is it a normal behaviour?

Thanks

Edited by silver_1976

You most certainly should have done that, and you’ve done that with your first post.

After that at least two people told you they had updated without a problem.

Consequently no other reports were made of this particular problem on this forum ( despite over 527 views).

The suggestion mas made that it might be a problem of your camera or your card alone since nobody else seems to have had this particular problem.

So thank you for your report.

Perhaps someone have waited? I ususually wait some weeks before I upgrade, but not this time. I know that at least 1 person here have waited after my report.

I Don't know if it is possible to downgrade the firmware, or I have to wait for next upgrade to see if this happends again?

I Don't know if it is possible to downgrade the firmware, or I have to wait for next upgrade to see if this happends again?

It's certainly possible. You need an old unsigned beta firmware version that doesn't do a version check and replace your current firmware with this beta. Then update the beta to any older production firmware version you actually want to go back to. That said, Fujifilm might not be willing to send you a copy of an unsigned beta firmware.

The BUG I got from Firmware Ver. 1.21 for X-T10 of June 9 2016 is still there!

Every time I put in a card in the camera the gamera give this message if I don't take out the battery!

If I take out the battery and put i back everything i normal.

I've over the weekend and yesterday used the camera for at least 300 Pictures (RAW+JPEG-fine), an everyting is OK.

Today I did FORMAT these 2 cards with PC and then in the camera. It doesn't matter whitch camera I format the card in, the X-T10 give this Message unless I take out the battery, and the X-T1 don't give this message anytime.

Fujifilm (if you read this): I don't care if I'm the only one who got this BUG from Firmware Ver. 1.21, but this BUG started immediatly after the Upgrade of June 9 2016 for X-T10.

why, instead of hoping that Fuji reads this particular thread in one of the many fora on the internet, don’t you get in touch with your local Fuji repair facilities?

You faith in the power of this forum to be read (thoroughly!) by Mr. Fuji is certainly a credit to FR but it is somewhat misplaced.

http://www.fujifilmusa.com/support/ServiceSupportProductContent.do?dbid=670898&prodcat=233848&sscucatid=664262

http://www.fujifilm.com/about/office/?_ga=1.205666196.665361477.1432290617

why, instead of hoping that Fuji reads this particular thread in one of the many fora on the internet, don’t you get in touch with your local Fuji repair facilities?

You faith in the power of this forum to be read (thoroughly!) by Mr. Fuji is certainly a credit to FR but it is somewhat misplaced.

http://www.fujifilmusa.com/support/ServiceSupportProductContent.do?dbid=670898&prodcat=233848&sscucatid=664262

http://www.fujifilm.com/about/office/?_ga=1.205666196.665361477.1432290617

I've sent a report on Mail to Fujifilm Nordic.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Ok so I don't have the same problem. But I feel the photo storing speed has significantly decreased. I cannot scientifically prove it but I have been using x-t10 for quite some time, but after this upgrade I feel like photos taking too long to save. Yes I shoot with F+Raw. But previously it was acceptably faster. I mean I never had any problem taking multiple shots one after another (not saying burst shot). But this time if I take a few shots repeatedly, either the display goes black for taking the time to save the file while I press the shutter button for next shot or it just doesn't response. Also, in CH mode, it can take 5 shots at a go and then stops taking shot for quite some time. No it doesn't slow, it just stops taking shot for 5-6 seconds, then again takes 1-2 shots slowly, then again stops........ I hadn't this problem before the update. Anyone facing this problem or knows any solution? I changed 2 cards, both same and both are new n original.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk